By jjs
Not working here.

Bugger - this install of mine is cursed!

I'll have to ask Juan

Jonathan
By superbad
Is anyone else having crashing problems? I am getting the "pure virtual function call" error whenever I try to close an assembly, just like I used to get if I left the previous plugin installed all the time.
By juan
superbad wrote:Is anyone else having crashing problems? I am getting the "pure virtual function call" error whenever I try to close an assembly, just like I used to get if I left the previous plugin installed all the time.
Hi superbad,

which SW service pack do you have installed? when do you get the crashes? when the plugin is loaded or later? could you give us a bit more info? could you try disabling other addins when working with maxwell (other user has reported an incompatibility when PDMworks is loaded, it might happen with other add-ins too..)

I assume you are running windows XP in 32 bits mode, is it true?

Regards,

Juan
By superbad
32 Bit version, SP2.2. No other plugins- I have the most basic Solidworks package with no options. The only other thing I have loaded is the 3DConnexion driver for my space pilot. If I close an assembly with the Maxwell plugin loaded, I get a crash with
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\PROGRA~1\SOLIDW~1\SLDWORKS.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call
This is very repeatable (happens every time), and I had the same problem with the previous plugin after moving to SW2007. I used to keep that plugin unloaded unless I needed to use it, and I had to be careful to save my assemblies first, because I would usually get a crash sometime after exporting the scene.

Thanks,
Scott
By juan
Hi Scott,

We are fixing some issues of the plugin. Could you send us an assembly (as simple as possible) to techdesk@nextlimit.com that reproduces this behaviour with a detailed sequence of steps? If this assembly has already Maxwell materials, could you send them too?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Juan
By superbad
Just sent an assembly (the one I happened to have open at the time I read your post). It happens with all my models every time. I haven't assigned any materials or done anything. Unloading the Maxwell plugin fixes the problem.

Step 1. Open assembly with plugin loaded.
Step 2. Close the assembly.
Crash. "R6025 -pure virtual function call"
By b-kandor
Hi superbad,

I just installed the plugin yesterday, but I've been rendering constantly since then - havn't experienced your problem - not sure what's different?

Did you delete the regkey that Juan mentioned for the previous addin?

I did that (although the old addin still is listed in sw addin's list).

I'm on sw2007 premium sp2.2.

Kandor

ps. Hi Juan, nice to meet you and everyone from nl in New Orleans!
By John Layne
Just a thought,

It might be useful to export your SolidWorks settings via the "Copy Settings Wizard" and send them to Juan. If Juan imports them, that my well help diagnose the fault by replicating your SolidWorks set up.
By juan
For the next update I am thinking in some sort of "check everything is allright" function, to explore all the possible issues in each system. It is complex to check it all, for instance due unknown reasons there are sometimes uncompatibilities between addins, other times some systems do not listen SW events (namely SW has to notify the plugin if a document has been loaded, and in some cases this notification did not happened, it was one of the hardest issues of the development of the new plugin...) so I will think in a way to look into the installation as deep as possible to notify the user any incidence that could cause a crash or any other issue later. Right now there are many verifications but it can be extended.

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback.

Regards,

Juan
By John Layne
Would it be useful to send you SolidWorks RX files to help determine the cause of bugs?
By juan
John Layne wrote:Would it be useful to send you SolidWorks RX files to help determine the cause of bugs?
Probably that would be great, but let me check first what happens with Scott'2 assembly, I am not sure this is a problem of preferences..

Juan
By Eric Lagman
juan wrote:For the next update I am thinking in some sort of "check everything is allright" function, to explore all the possible issues in each system. It is complex to check it all, for instance due unknown reasons there are sometimes uncompatibilities between addins, other times some systems do not listen SW events (namely SW has to notify the plugin if a document has been loaded, and in some cases this notification did not happened, it was one of the hardest issues of the development of the new plugin...) so I will think in a way to look into the installation as deep as possible to notify the user any incidence that could cause a crash or any other issue later. Right now there are many verifications but it can be extended.

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback.

Regards,

Juan
Juan,

Has solidoworks given you a license with all of the most popular add-ins? If not perhaps this would help troubleshoot things on your end, since this seems to be causing a bulk of the issues. Just a though if they haven't offered this to you for development already.

I know on my system at least with the old plugin I would get a crash very often when I simply closed a document. I usually would just turn the maxwell plugin off unless I needed it to avoid this. Been to busy to mess with the plug-in since it came out, but I will have more time perhaps later this week.
By superbad
Yeah, let me know if I can send anything. I literally have the most basic, stripped down Solidworks installation possible. The only other thing I have loaded is a Space Pilot.
By b-kandor
After a few more days of use - I can report that I've experienced solidworks crashes 'seemingly' related to the plugin.

I enabled the plugin to load at startup and with some assemblies, when I close them, solidworks crashes.

Like superbad, I too have the spacepilot addin loaded, and since I've had trouble with this plugin as well I wonder if this is maybe the source?

I'm going to disable my spacepilot and re-enable the mr plugin to see what happens, I'll let you know.

Kandor
By juan
Hi all,

We have the patch almost ready, it will be released tomorrow or next monday. We have fixed most of the known issues and also we have added a couple of new features (autoupdates notifications...etc) There were a couple of issues that might cause crashes in some situations, we hope that this patch fixes it if it was the cause. Of course we will go in improving the plugin.

Kind regards,

Juan
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]