By mtripoli
OK, I re-installed and got closer to working...

Materials still do show up. I tried adding the path to MXM textures via Sw's options>FileLocations... didn't seem to do anything...

Here's what it looks like... the sphere has a SW texture applied for test...

Thanks...
By juan
Hi Mike,

Everything seems fine.

-What happens if you drop an mxm file over the material list? is it added to the scene?
-What happens if you apply this material to an object and render? can you see the material properly rendered?
-what happens if then you save the document and open it again? are the materials saved?

Kind regards,

Juan
By mtripoli
Hi Juan

Thanks for the quick response. Ok, yes; I can drag a material into SW, apply it and render. How can I get all the materials "listed" from within SW so I don't have to drag them from the material editor each time?

One other question; do we still have to do the "focus trick" to get the camera in focus? I've been doing it, but I still feel like I'm shooting in the dark doing this... :)

Thanks again.
By juan
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in the answer, I did not get a mail notifying you replied again..
mtripoli wrote:I can drag a material into SW, apply it and render. How can I get all the materials "listed" from within SW so I don't have to drag them from the material editor each time?
Ok, so you can apply materials and it works, the problem is when you drag materials into SW, save the scene and load it again, it does not recover the materials, right? Does it happen always? could you check it even with a simple part? If you can not recover the materials from a simple part file, please send it is possible to techdesk@nextlimit.com and we will check if the materials are stored or not to know if this is an i/o issue.
mtripoli wrote:One other question; do we still have to do the "focus trick" to get the camera in focus? I've been doing it, but I still feel like I'm shooting in the dark doing this... :)
No you dont need to do that if you have installed a service pack newer than 2007 SP0.1. Now you just need to place your SW camera where you want and maxwell will get position and target of the camera properly. You can play with the things that you want in/our of focus with the fstop number as in a normal camera and use the shutter speed to control the amount of light received by the film.

Regards,

Juan
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]