By Hillmeister
Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa

Thanks for the heads up!
By Hillmeister
I have Fire working, allthough a simple scene, it feels good!

Let's indeed hope the plugin will mature!

Just getting Maxwell updated to 3.1 and keep using Blender as my primary 3D app makes me very happy! :mrgreen:
By Asmithey
I an having lots of trouble. All my pre made models, when I try to render them, I get an error say "not enough for the material" which means it thinks the model is not UV unwrapped. But If I renderer to Maxwell Studio from Blender, and render to Maxwell Render from there, the objects render fine.
By Asmithey
Yes. I have been testing with simple one material plant models. It seems there is a problem using existing projects created with earlier versions Maxwell Render. Sourvinos, on the Blender artists forum, has reported the same issues.
By seghier
ok try that
- when you load you plant separate objects by materials
- create custom material for each object and choose its texture
- select objects one by one and under : Data go to Maxwell UV Sets
add uv texture and choose : - Type : Locked
- UV map : UVMap
render your scene directly
---------------
you can see that fire work with custom materials but all objects are black
By dariolanza
Hi all,

I'm testing the Blender plugin for Maxwell and I'm getting some issues from the beginning.

I launch Blender, choose Maxwell as the default renderer and hit the "Render" button to launch the scene (the default startup cube) to Studio.

Then I get this export error (see below).

What is causing this? How to avoid this fail?

Thanks!

Dario

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\engine.py", line 227, in update
self._export_result = exporter.export()
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\__init__.py", line 556, in export
ex_obj.export()
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\object.py", line 173, in export
mxobj = self._create(bl_object.name)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\object.py", line 410, in _create
return self._to_mesh(name)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\object.py", line 467, in _to_mesh
mats = exporter.materials.get(mesh=mesh)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\material.py", line 57, in get
return [self._get(m) for m in mesh.materials]
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\material.py", line 57, in <listcomp>
return [self._get(m) for m in mesh.materials]
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\material.py", line 74, in _get
mxm = self.export(material)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.74\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\material.py", line 170, in export
mxm.Reference = (path, True)
TypeError: must be str, not None
By dariolanza
Thank you Seghier,

the new version of the plugin (0.9.2) solved that problem as you mentioned ; )

The issue I'm facing now is that any object that doesn't have a specific material applied (i.e. the default startup cube), appears with a referenced MXM material in Maxwell, as as that MXM doens't exist either, the render gets stopped. Is this the normal behaviour? Do you need to apply a material to every object? I remember it wasn't mandatory on previous versions of the plugin.

In addition to this I have a new question: in the plugin interface I see the options to launch the render to Studio or directly to Maxwell but is there any way to simply save the MXS scene file to disk?

Thanks!

Dario Lanza
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]