By Hillmeister
Now, I'm donating montly to the Blender Foundation for offering me a very nice tool to make my designs and communicate them to others in the form of stills or animation. The Blender Foundation and the community is giving me info on the development of Blender which is very nice.

If I want to donate to N.ildar for creating this awesome plugin, at least it would be nice to get a heads-up on development every once in a while. I don't care if this is communicated through posts here, on the Blender-Artists forum or on the Sound-Forge project page.

Again, I'm very thankfull for N.ildar's work so far, but it would be welcome to hear anything on the development. Is Next Limit also struggling to get contact? Could someone else pick up development?

Like Asmithey stated before, we can't be to critical, but let's hope this nice plugin isn't going to die a silent dead.
By ptaszek
Blender is very very big player nowadays.
Vray guys think that they have a plugin already, but there is no frame buffer avaible (live prev in viewport) and other issues.
Blender + official Maxwell plugin + GPU viewport rendering is the right direction to make us happy and to earn big $.
I hope you know it and it will happen soon :)
By Asmithey
What I do is that when N.Ildar comes up with an update or a release I give him a donation. He has just became less responsive as time goes on. I know he is busy but it is pretty easy to communicate on the forums.
By Hillmeister
Well that is a good idea Asmithey! I'll be joining donations when N.ildar releases again.

Could Next Limit let us know if they "might" pick up the development themselves? Or what could be the arguments to rather not do this?

Cheers
By Hillmeister
Today I installed V3.1, but unfortunatly the export doesn't work. I use the "Open with NONE" option from the render panel. But the scene doesn't get exported and so I can't open it with Studio.

Now like I asked before, is it really hard to find the specific piece of code which could make V3.1 work with Blender 2.71?

I get this when trying to export:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\engine.py", line 166, in update
self.mxs = s.export()
File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\export\scene.py", line 352, in export
self.mxs = maxwell.Scene()
File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\bmaxwell\maxwell\__init__.py", line 86, in _new
pymaxwell = import_module(".pymaxwell", __name__)
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.71\2.71\python\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 104, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2231, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2214, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2203, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1191, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1161, in _load_backward_compatible
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 539, in _check_name_wrapper
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1692, in load_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 321, in _call_with_frames_removed
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I searched the python files and started to look for a line which I could change, but I'm to much of a noob with this I guess :mrgreen:

Now I really need to get this working, else I somehow must re-install V3.0. Is there anyone who knows were to look?

Any help is appreciated!!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]