All posts related to V3
By jefierro
I'm in the process of learning about maxwell, but i seem to hit a bump, i have made a model in blender and i have reead about asset references on studio, but i can't find a way to make it work. Studio version is 3.2.1.5 and blender is 2.78a in a 2009 Mac Pro
when trying to load a blender reference via asset reference it appears greyed out as do cda or objs.

Thanks.
By LadleSky10
I'm a new user as well (using a Windows PC) and the Asset Reference in Maxwell Studio does seem to be kind of buggy, IMO. Here's what's worked for me thus far: 1) use OBJ rather than Blend files then re-export and save the OBJ to update the reference in Studio; 2) use earlier builds of Blender rather than the latest; 3) export each object in the scene as a separate OBJ (i.e. use multiple Asset References) in order to apply materials; 4) overwrite the referenced material rather than attempt to apply a new material (doesn't seem to work).

Hope that helps out some. Perhaps a developer can offer more tips. :)
By seghier
sometimes load blend files ; sometimes didn't load anything
in the documentation page : This feature has been developed to provide better support for modeling platforms such as Rhino for Mac, Blender and 3D platforms without a direct connectivity plugin
but it can't import 3dm file and they show a photo of rhino to studio !
for blender using the exporter plugin is better than assetreference
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]