All posts related to V3
By pipcleo
The new material library excludes a huge number of materials that worked without issues on the latest version V3.........

All I can say is I am certainly glad I previously downloaded the majority while they were there

For example there is not single leaf material , stainless steel etc

Fail to see the logic here
By luis.hijarrubia
The focus on the new material gallery is that any material there works out of the box, and that is correctly classified and it's easy to find. We started with a collection of the best of older gallery. Will add more materials. From old gallery and new ones. The old gallery had a lot of very good materials, but also a lot of not so good, coming from old versions, bad classified, or even not working ones. We hope revising every material offered on gallery makes a better experience.
By tom
Old gallery had more materials, this is true. But, there were many materials which were not matching their thumbnails anymore. Or, practically useless, extremely slow ones. So, we tested them one by one and had to eliminate 75% of the materials. Fixed some of them. There are currently more than 1000 materials which are working as expected and we have still some of them more left to tag. You will soon have a very flexible search system. And later, we will evaluate your new material submissions. Unlike in the past, every submitted material will not appear on the gallery. We need to keep quality and usability. So, it's not like "Look, I have a material with displacement for rendering a CPU cooler and the benchmark is 2" anymore. :) Thank you for you your patience!
By seghier
tom wrote:Old gallery had more materials, this is true. But, there were many materials which were not matching their thumbnails anymore. Or, practically useless, extremely slow ones. So, we tested them one by one and had to eliminate 75% of the materials. Fixed some of them. There are currently more than 1000 materials which are working as expected and we have still some of them more left to tag. You will soon have a very flexible search system. And later, we will evaluate your new material submissions. Unlike in the past, every submitted material will not appear on the gallery. We need to keep quality and usability. So, it's not like "Look, I have a material with displacement for rendering a CPU cooler and the benchmark is 2" anymore. :) Thank you for you your patience!
i hope you add library for grass settings with maps and procedurals examples and let users to share their settings
for v3 users ,the studio still search materials from old link ; maybe you must create an update to allow v3 users to load and use the new online library
By andrewmcc
Could someone be so kind as to explain why downloaded materials from the Next Limit online material library no longer function for V3?!
I am able to download them with the files. Though they say version 3 in the online mat library - when I load them in the scene manager no attributes show up.

I recently purchased V3. If this is a sales tactic to force an upgrade to V4 I am very disappointed. Part of the reason why I went with Maxwell was access to this library of materials. Hopefully this is just a glitch. Could someone at Next Limit confirm what is going on?
By luis.hijarrubia
andrewmcc wrote:Could someone be so kind as to explain why downloaded materials from the Next Limit online material library no longer function for V3?!
I am able to download them with the files. Though they say version 3 in the online mat library - when I load them in the scene manager no attributes show up.

I recently purchased V3. If this is a sales tactic to force an upgrade to V4 I am very disappointed. Part of the reason why I went with Maxwell was access to this library of materials. Hopefully this is just a glitch. Could someone at Next Limit confirm what is going on?
Right now V3 and V4 have exactly the same material format. There should be no problem using on V3 materials done with V4, but afaik the materials on the gallery right now were done with V3. Can you tell me one material from the gallery that is giving problem to you, so I can check?
By andrewmcc
Thanks Luis for the clarification. It is happening with all materials. I am able to download them fine. The folders contain images, bumps, mxm, etc. When I import them into the Rhino Scene manager the mxm - is totally blank, no preview, no BSDF's, materials, etc. Basically, something is happening with the MXM files. This was not an issue with the previous material library platform. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

By JDHill
Please ensure that you are running the current 3.2.5 (if you're using Maxwell 3) Rhino plugin; I just checked here with both of the "brick pavement" mxms I could find on the site, and they work fine.
By paulo
thank you for your work on this.
tom wrote:Old gallery had more materials, this is true. But, there were many materials which were not matching their thumbnails anymore. Or, practically useless, extremely slow ones. So, we tested them one by one and had to eliminate 75% of the materials. Fixed some of them. There are currently more than 1000 materials which are working as expected and we have still some of them more left to tag. You will soon have a very flexible search system. And later, we will evaluate your new material submissions. Unlike in the past, every submitted material will not appear on the gallery. We need to keep quality and usability. So, it's not like "Look, I have a material with displacement for rendering a CPU cooler and the benchmark is 2" anymore. :) Thank you for you your patience!
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]