All posts related to V3
By ran
Hi. I am a novice with maxwell render. I am wanting to do an outdoor clay render but can not find any information on the best environment and material settings. Any suggested info on this would be greatly appreciated. I am using both Sketch Up & Cinema 4d pluggins. Ran
By Mihai
In Render Options, under Materials section you have an "Override" setting which lets you use any external material file (.MXM) as an override for all the materials you may have already applied in your scene, except for emitter materials (so you can still use the override feature and still have your emitter materials working correctly). So just open MXED (the standalone material editor, you'll find it in the Maxwell install folder), and create a default 1 BSDF material, set its reflectance 0 to about RGB 220 and that's it. Save this material somewhere on your drive and in the render options in Sketchup load it as the override material.
By Mihai
No option for that, but a trick that might work ok in most cases and not add to the render time is just to add an emitter component to those materials and set it very weak, like 1 lumen.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]