All posts related to V3
By Mihai
But I think he's asking for an emitter that casts light but no shadow, and vice versa. You could try turning on "Hide from GI" on your objects that shouldn't receive a shadow, but the shadow only thing, you'll get that only from the shadow pass. I guess you could call that "shadow, no light" :)
By damienf
I'm working on product shots in studio like environment where it would be useful to have control over area emitters to:

o cast light no shadow

o cast shadow no light

For instance would like only one of the light to cast shadow on the floor / backdrop.

That same light is duplicated with a larger size version to control the reflection but this larger version need not to cast shadow (the shadow is too dispersed due to the size).

These options would bring a bit more flexibility and easiness towards product shots / studio lighting IMO.
By Mihai
But I think in your case scenario, just use the blocked emitters feature for your objects. It's more straightforward I think than shadow this, shadow that....

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mx ... e+emitters

For example if you want a light to only affect your object, but not the floor, exclude the floor object from this light.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]