All posts related to V3
By Aniki
Did someone actually test the c4d plugin before release? There are major differences in the transformation of a scene between GPU and CPU..

The upgrade option is gone completely for me, as is the maxwell 3 download page?
By JDHill
Aniki wrote:Did someone actually test the c4d plugin before release? There are major differences in the transformation of a scene between GPU and CPU.
It has long been the case in the SU plugin (it was previously the only one to support more than just the Draft engine) that switching engines often requires re-export, so please let me know whether that appears to be the case with the problem you're seeing.
By Aniki
JDHill wrote:
Aniki wrote:Did someone actually test the c4d plugin before release? There are major differences in the transformation of a scene between GPU and CPU.
It has long been the case in the SU plugin (it was previously the only one to support more than just the Draft engine) that switching engines often requires re-export, so please let me know whether that appears to be the case with the problem you're seeing.
No, reexport didnt help, it was just different and it shouldnt be, right?

Ill see, saw this at a friends using the demo..
By JDHill
No, it shouldn't be different. If you can provide a scene (in Cinema format) that shows it, I'll pass it to the core devs.
By sebkaine
I just go to my portal to check upgrade price !

Actually i was using Maxwell V3 with Houdini. So here is what V4 has to offer
- No plugin for Houdini
- So i am forced to use studio if i want to use Maxwell
- Studio still doesn't support animation in V4
- So i am forced to render still image if i want to use Maxwell
=> Kinda hard to do VFX shot ...

- I have a 1 floating + 10 nodes licenses
- Upgrade price the time i buy maxwell was 425euro for 1 GUI + 10 nodes with all software access
- Now you ask 690 euro for the upgrade but for just 5 render nodes and 1 software access
- The new feature for this price is a GPU engine that is still in Beta version

I would not question the talent of NL devs as i know you always have push in very original and great direction.
But i am seriously wondering who is in charge of your release / price / consumer strategie at NL ?

Cause this guy is gonna sink your ship !

Upgrade from 2.7 to 3 was very long vut V3 was a stellar product ... what happen for V4 new Marketting Expert in Charge ?
By l1407
sebkaine wrote:I just go to my portal to check upgrade price !

Actually i was using Maxwell V3 with Houdini. So here is what V4 has to offer
- No plugin for Houdini
- So i am forced to use studio if i want to use Maxwell
- Studio still doesn't support animation in V4
- So i am forced to render still image if i want to use Maxwell
=> Kinda hard to do VFX shot ...

- I have a 1 floating + 10 nodes licenses
- Upgrade price the time i buy maxwell was 425euro for 1 GUI + 10 nodes with all software access
- Now you ask 690 euro for the upgrade but for just 5 render nodes and 1 software access
- The new feature for this price is a GPU engine that is still in Beta version

I would not question the talent of NL devs as i know you always have push in very original and great direction.
But i am seriously wondering who is in charge of your release / price / consumer strategie at NL ?

Cause this guy is gonna sink your ship !

Upgrade from 2.7 to 3 was very long vut V3 was a stellar product ... what happen for V4 new Marketting Expert in Charge ?
Good reason 8)
By burnin
that guy is enjoying the beautiful caustics 8) on his yacht

what an eXceSsIve life :D with so many others around

... or is iT?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]