All posts related to V3
By chedda
I checked out the teaser the GPU is exciting i need some benchmarks ! Watching the multi light video what exactly is new ?
By Rafal SLEK
chedda wrote:Watching the multi light video what exactly is new ?
It will work outside Maxwell, as preview for rendered scenes as it was stated somewhere.
By chedda
Ok so nothing new then just standalone. I noticed from the vid there's no colour tab for the emitters.
By T0M0
luis.hijarrubia wrote:That multilight app was announced to be free. So you can send the app and mxi to customer and let them play with the render.
8)
By feynman
GPU rendering after all, which should be good news for MR popularity... Maxwell GPUs for Maxwell Render makes sense :lol:

Now, all that many existing users have to do is to throw away the MacBook Pros (AMD graphics), the MacPros (AMD graphics) and PCs with AMD FirePro cards. Here go $23,000 out of the window.

What a beautiful day :mrgreen:

To replace AMD FirePro cards in render node PCs - which Nvidia GPU should one buy? Does a certain VRAM limit on the GPU cause problems, when not the whole scene fits into its memory? Should one buy several GPUs for each render node PC?
By fulkrum
GPU render! Finally!...
I almost cry when I got the news...
I was just about to go with Octane Render and leave Maxwell behind... :D
By chedda
Yeah mac users are having a tough time. However the classic mac pro can use nvidia cards like the titan x . I did read somewhere that otoy had got cuda running on an AMD card though. Also i read that cuda can be recompiled to use open cl. I did recently see a massive memory AMD card somewhere.
By jojojoj
Congratulations to NL, that's been the most wanted feature and source of critique for a long time now! Nice!
By Mihai
feynman wrote: Now, all that many existing users have to do is to throw away the MacBook Pros (AMD graphics), the MacPros (AMD graphics) and PCs with AMD FirePro cards. Here go $23,000 out of the window.

To replace AMD FirePro cards in render node PCs - which Nvidia GPU should one buy? Does a certain VRAM limit on the GPU cause problems, when not the whole scene fits into its memory? Should one buy several GPUs for each render node PC?
I'm sure there were compelling reasons for going with CUDA instead of OpenCL, and I guess the more RAM the card has the better, and one that has the most CUDA cores. Lots of questions remain :)
By feynman
Mihai wrote:
feynman wrote: Now, all that many existing users have to do is to throw away the MacBook Pros (AMD graphics), the MacPros (AMD graphics) and PCs with AMD FirePro cards. Here go $23,000 out of the window.

I'm sure there were compelling reasons for going with CUDA instead of OpenCL, and I guess the more RAM the card has the better, and one that has the most CUDA cores. Lots of questions remain :)
Sure. So - which Nvidia card should one buy for one's render node PCs?
By luis.hijarrubia
Although using a maxwell card for maxwell it's funny, Tesla cards really have the best performance / price relation.

And I should note that for GPU engine rendering, gamers cards work better than Quadro type.
By chedda
The Titan X looks best especially the new pascal version. I know the older maxwell version can be flashed to work in a mac pro tower. Search macvidcards ;)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]