All posts related to V3
By Asmithey
I have never seen this error before. Does anyone know what it means. "Maxwell (v120-intel) has stopped working.

I it I launched a rendering.

EDIT: It was linked to ies data files. If I switched them to non ies emitters the error went away.
Last edited by Asmithey on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Asmithey
This has resurfaced, mxed (v120-intel) has stopped working. It seemed to happen after I updated my Nvida drivers. It happens immediately when I open MXED. I tested it with 3.2.1.4, 3.2, and 3.1.2.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am dead in the water. I can not create any materials....
Last edited by Asmithey on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By paulo
can you roll back to the older nvidia drivers?
Asmithey wrote:This has resurfaced, (v120-intel) has stopped working. It seemed to happen after I updated my Nvida drivers. It happens immediately when I open MXED. I tested it with 3.2.1.4, 3.2, and 3.1.2.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am dead in the water. I can not create any materials....
By Asmithey
Crazy thing is, I checked my other machines after same update and mxed works fine. It must be a corrupt install. I need to find a proper way to clean uninstall the gefoerce experience and all drivers. The reinstall drivers.

I completely uninstalled all nvidia components with the help of Nvidia to insure proper uninstall. It still gives problem with out nvidia software and drivers.

Reinstalled old NVIDIA driver...Reinstalled Maxwell Render. I am still getting mxed (V120-Intel) has stopped working error. Why do these things just pop up out of nowhere it seems. This is not the first time I have seen this error. I had it once with the Maxwell Render application having to do with ies files. I got rid of the ies files and I was able to render. Not sure how to fix this though. Anyone from Next limit have any ideas?

The material editor works inside of studio ok.

Faulting application name: mxed.exe, version: 3.2.1.4, time stamp: 0x5728d370
Faulting module name: mxcommon_64.dll, version: 3.2.1.4, time stamp: 0x5728d357
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001c93a4
Faulting process id: 0x274c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e53e97c0a203
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 3\mxed.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 3\mxcommon_64.dll
Report Id: d646fdec-5131-11e6-9b61-005056c00008
By Asmithey
No ideas how to resolve this?

I retested previous versions on the computer that is having the error. 3.0.1, 3.1.0, 3.2.0 mxed actually works. but still crashes with 3.2.1.4. It did work then it broke.

So I am opening mxed in the 3.2.0 folder to make my materials. :(
By Mihai
Have you tried with the latest beta .15? Maybe it had something to do with the included Explorer extension that lets you view materials....not sure.
By Asmithey
I have not tried 3.2.1.5 yet. I will try it.
By Asmithey
Stumbled on a fix. I opened Maxwell studio. Hit edit on one of the referenced materials. It opened mxed I hit save. After that, I can now open mexd now with any problems.
By Asmithey
Well, this error started up again. Out of the blue. I tried what seemed to fix it last time, but it has not fixed this time.

Edit: So I deleted the .mxi and the .mxs in the project folder and now mxed works again.....
By 3DM
If possible it may be helpful to title this thread with the error i.e. (v120-intel) has stopped working.

I've be spending a lot of time in Studio lately and get this error at least a couple of times a day.
With certain meshes brought in as fbx or obj's, even after saved as mxs, using either fire or render will produce the error.
It became so frustrating that I'm currently trying to use a plugin instead, but miss working in Studio.

Maxwell version is 3.2.1.4; will try ...1.5 for any improvement.
I'm on W10.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]