All posts related to V3
By T0M0
We all would like to switch to this mode too, but we can't for now.

GPU support is still in development stage... :cry:
By photomg1
Hope not ... as in I upgraded to v3 partially on the basis this was coming down the road.V2 lasted for 4 years.Why should this only be expected in a v4 ?
Thats also quite some time ago .... have they hit a stumbling block they cant get past? , as its been quite a while since that (august 2014) and the last showing on a webinar really didnt look like it got any further along, if at all tbh. Appearances can be deceiving though, perhaps it was a limited demo scene shown.

Anyway fingers crossed mind you, hope it is going really well for them .... bit of an update from the devs on this would be nice .
By seghier
photomg1 wrote:Hope not ... as in I upgraded to v3 partially on the basis this was coming down the road.V2 lasted for 4 years.
there are alot of render engines and maxwell render must developped quickly with new features
i think and i hope that the v4 will come in one year or less ; you remember they launched v3 after v2.7 ; no 2.8 .. 2.9 ..
i don't know how nexlimit think but always the companies save some features for new releases so the users feel that there is a change and the company sell the upgrades
Last edited by seghier on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By burnin
There's usually a road map or some announcements made... haven't seen one for Maxwell since GPU development presentation. Probably internal only. :roll:
By w i l l
Why is no one talking about the V4 release? Did everyone get bored of waiting, or something I don't know about? To me this is a big deal, isn't this the solution to Maxwell's speed issue?

Anyway I wanted to ask... is GPU rendering suited to an off the shelf PC, such as a Dell Precision, or do I need to build something? Or where can I find more information?
By luis.hijarrubia
w i l l wrote:Why is no one talking about the V4 release? Did everyone get bored of waiting, or something I don't know about? To me this is a big deal, isn't this the solution to Maxwell's speed issue?

Anyway I wanted to ask... is GPU rendering suited to an off the shelf PC, such as a Dell Precision, or do I need to build something? Or where can I find more information?
Is really appropriate, but i will expect maxwell and above (pascal) to be fully supported. If it's a new PC I would buy one of those.
By w i l l
seghier wrote:Follow the news in official facebook page
Right now nothing about the date release . maybe this week
So what sort of PC is suited to GPU rendering... what do I need to look out for?
By w i l l
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
w i l l wrote:Why is no one talking about the V4 release? Did everyone get bored of waiting, or something I don't know about? To me this is a big deal, isn't this the solution to Maxwell's speed issue?

Is really appropriate, but i will expect maxwell and above (pascal) to be fully supported. If it's a new PC I would buy one of those.
Any particular GPU? I know nothing.
Last edited by w i l l on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]