All posts related to V3
Any tips on how to use Maxwell renders spherical and cylindrical cameras to create an image, this is an exterior rendering, that I can use in an app like Pano-VR? My client wants to be able to freely spin around in the rendering. I just do not see any pan and tilt parameters in the camera options. I see FOV and angel. I assume that is the pan and tilt. When I render the exterior image it does not show all sides of the image....

I will post an image of what I am getting

is this possible with exterior renderings?
Asmithey wrote:I just do not see any pan and tilt parameters in the camera options. I see FOV and angel. I assume that is the pan and tilt.
I think the "pan and tilt" parameters that you're talking about belong to the panorama viewing software, they really don't have anything to do with the creation of panorama images which is what Maxwell is all about. In general, I find that I don't need to worry about "pan and tilt" settings because the panorama viewing software knows what to do all by itself. Also consider that most panorama viewing software only takes in JPG images and there is no place in a JPG image to put "pan and tilt" information.

Panorama images come in two formats, Equirectangular (Lat-Long) and Cube Maps. Maxwell does the Equirectangular variety and the thing to remember is that the image aspect ratio needs to be 2:1. That is, the width needs to be exactly twice as wide as the height.

With Maxwell 3.2 we can do standard panorama renders with the "Spherical" lens or Stereo Panorama renders with the "Lat-Long Stereo" lens.
The important parameters for the Spherical lens are these:

And the important parameters for the Lat-Long Stereo lens are these:

Asmithey wrote:When I render the exterior image it does not show all sides of the image....
There should be no problem with exterior panoramas, do you get a good result if you match the settings in the screen shots above?

HTH,
Andrew.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]