All posts related to V3
By bjorn.syse
Hi

I'm having troubles with our floating license server. Today, and sometime, it seems I have to activate my license every time. In studio it allways work to activate it by providing the hostname of the server, but it won't save until the next launch.

In the Cinema plugin, I can activate it but then I get an error message saying the licence activation was cancelled anyway.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Regards

- Björn
By bjorn.syse
Oh, my bad. It seems someone else was using the floating license.

I think perhaps you should have a look at changing the error message from making me believe there was something wrong with the license server to something more along the line of: "No floating licenses avaiable. All licenses are in use".

Regards

- Björn
By Miguel
Hi,

although is not in the Cinema4D plugin, Studio and maxwell can show some info about the usage of their respective product licenses.

Maxwell->Help->License Info...
maxwell_lic_info.png
And Studio, in the Console:
studio_lic_info.png
(Multiple rows showing licenses are because we told rlm to use several license servers)

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Miguel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By dk2079
you can monitor license usage by browsing the RLM server

on the machine running rlm:

http://localhost:5054/home.asp ( 5054 is default port for rlm) or replace localhost with ip/hostname when over lan

click in the left menu column "status"

click under server status "next Limit"

you should see "license pool status" below your lics and a button "usage.."

shows all details there.
By bjorn.syse
Thanks, I know, that's how I finally troubleshooted it. My points was just I should have to troubleshoot it. It should say in the initial error message: "All licences are in use".
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]