All posts related to V3
By Asmithey
Is there a quick way to only render certain objects? It would be great, like loading objects for custom alpha, if we could load only objects that we want to render, then Maxwell would automatically set all other materials to render as masks.

If we can already do this, how?

Thanks,

Aaron
Thanks...But I am looking for a way to do this in Maxwell Studio. I thought I saw how to do this in a v3 demo somewhere.
I want to render some select objects and everything else as render as alpha mask so I can composite in my select few rendered objects from the scene.
It is a pain to have to select all objects, join them and and give them a mask material. it takes too much time.
I spent a bunch of time setting up the file to get a few objects to render with everything lese as a mask. And now it is only rendering using 25% cpu usage.. UGH.
I found a video that shows how using extra sampling can be used on the objects with the custom alphas. So you can just select the those objects and render them independently along with the alphas.
By Mihai
You can create custom alpha channels by material, or by a selection of objects. So in your case you would create a custom alpha channels based on selecting these extra objects. Just keep in mind that they can't be rendered entirely "independent" since the scene illumination still has to be taken into account.
Yes. I had to turn on all the emitters that were affecting the objects being rendered with extra sampling.

Thanks,

Aaron
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]