By seghier
i create the first idea eiffel with matchsticks
first i download eiffel tower from sketchup warehouse and other models like pens ; window; house fly; cutter ......
i modify the tower and its structure
i use physics in 3dsmax to create set of matchsticks .
my problem that materials of maxwell for sketchup don't support multi layers to add more realistic effect and we can't stop and resume render

By dariolanza
Hello seghier,

The final composition of the mixed towers is very suggestive. Nice!
And this option is also looking fine.

It is true that Maxwell_for_SketchUp doesn't support the resuming feature, but it shouldn't be a problem.

And about the layered materials, I'm sure you can get something interesting even with single layered materials.

Let us know your evolutions.

Dario Lanza
By seghier
hello Dario ; and thank you :)
for resuming render when i wait for example 9 hrs with sl: 22 and there exist some noise ; it good to increase the SL and continue render . and not wai other +10 hrs to see the result.
i want to create glass with roughness in corner but that need other layer for the glass or ags material ; this features make maxwell for skechup very useful ; like the rhino plugin
By dariolanza
Hello seghier,

Resuming a render is nice, of course, but this s a feature we include in the Full version of Maxwell, so the same limitation will have all the Maxwell_for_SketchUp users.

And about the noise: if you are referring to that white dots, this is not Sampling Level noise, but caustics noise, so it won't be removed with higher SL.
If you are worried about those dots, I recommend you to eliminate them using Photoshop instead.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
By seghier
hello my friend; glad to see you here with your nice work :)
---------
i work a lot with the last scene i will post test of renders and lighting ; i add a sparrow bird ,to give life to the image :small model hide to camera to calculate shadow than i will add real photo of the bird with photoshop.
i will try other idea : Titanic in a bottle ; if i can i put the model in the beach or in small studio with white cloth in the background.
i search old images and hdr to use it in the mixtower's model but i don't find what i need and i can't realise what i imagine and i don't want use alot of retouching.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]