By gtalarico
Hi everyone,

The competition page states:
"There is just one category for the competition - using the Maxwell for SketchUp standalone program only, but either the FREE or the LICENSED version can be used".

Does this mean I cannot use my Maxwell Render Suite + SU plugin?
If that's the case, I guess I can just install the FREE Maxwell for Sketchup Standalone.
Does it play nice alongside the Suite's Plugin for SU?

Thanks, I am looking forward to joining the competition!
By crcgrp
I am confused about this also. I have the render suite, but I rarely use Studio. I usually just go straight from skp to rendering in maxwell. Also, is network rendering allowed?

Some official clarification would be great as I would love to enter.

Thanks!
By gtalarico
crcgrp wrote:I am confused about this also. I have the render suite, but I rarely use Studio. I usually just go straight from skp to rendering in maxwell
I also don't really use Studio, but from the rules, it sounds like the Render Suite (Maxwell Render + SU Plugin) is not allowed, but only the "Maxwell for SketchUp standalone program only"

From the competition page:
gtalarico wrote: "There is just one category for the competition - using the Maxwell for SketchUp standalone program only, but either the FREE or the LICENSED version can be used".
Gisele, could you clarify this? :wink:

Thanks!
By Gis
Hi gtalarico,

Yes, you are right, the competition is limited to Maxwell for SketchUp Standalone user, new or old, with the paid or free version. This is a matter of fairiness, in other words to unify the competition and make participants use the same tool. You can find a comparision of the Maxwell Render Suite with the plugin and this other option here
Also, please find a link to download the software here.
Give it a try, if you already know Maxwell, it will be easy becasue is the same approach.

Please let me know if I'm missing something and please apologize me for the delay in getting back to you. ;)

Cheers.
By Gis
seghier wrote:hi
can we render the scene using maxwell render standalone? if we save the mxs file
If you mean Maxwell Render Suite, which format is mxs, the answer is no. For this competition we would only accept using Maxwell for SketchUp which does not import images but renders directly from SketchUp. Am I answering your question? Also please check this product comparison for your information.
Hope this helps :)
By JDHill
The two cannot be installed side by side. However, you can quickly switch between them if you like by moving maxwell.rb and the maxwell folder out of your SketchUp folder, then uninstalling, then installing the opposite version. Now you have maxwell.rb and the maxwell folder for both, and you can switch by moving them around, as you'd do with any other SketchUp plugin that didn't use an installer. I have to do this stuff all the time, so I just end up with an "unused" folder in my SketchUp folder, where I keep various builds (say, current release vs. in-development build, and so forth) and can quickly switch between them for debugging purposes.
By Gis
JDHill wrote:The two cannot be installed side by side. However, you can quickly switch between them if you like by moving maxwell.rb and the maxwell folder out of your SketchUp folder, then uninstalling, then installing the opposite version. Now you have maxwell.rb and the maxwell folder for both, and you can switch by moving them around, as you'd do with any other SketchUp plugin that didn't use an installer. I have to do this stuff all the time, so I just end up with an "unused" folder in my SketchUp folder, where I keep various builds (say, current release vs. in-development build, and so forth) and can quickly switch between them for debugging purposes.
Thank you very much for your help!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]