End date: May 13
By novena
hi there!
I have just registered on this competition. I am a Maxwell standalone plugin for Sketchup user and I have never used Maxwell Render Suite before so this will be a big challenge...

After reading all threads (or almost all them) I have to agree with Jason Maranto: architectural stuff is not a good fit for these HDRs. Looking for some inspiration, so I found as my main inspiration the images from easter/holy week (semana santa marinera):

there is my second big challenge, I'm not a character modeller (just a simple arch vis guy)... I will try using Sketchup and Blender as 3D tools (and probably will die in the attempt)...
HDRI image # 1 seems to be the one that fits best the idea I have in my mind...

a quick hand-made-sketch
By Mihai
Hi Victor, and welcome! Installing the Render Suite doesn't mean also installing the RS version of the Sketchup plugin, so you can keep using your current standalone plugin, export the MXS and open that in Maxwell Studio if you need to work on it further, or just start Maxwell.exe and open the MXS to render at a higher resolution. But you have to license Maxwell to do this - your standalone Sketchup plugin license is not the same.

You can find licensing instructions here:
http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... /Licensing
By novena
hi guys!
I started with my first big challenge: modelling the characters, so I have been working with the hood and after several attempts it came something decent...
raw renders straight from sketchup and Maxwell standalone plugin to check the geometry:

best
V

p.s. I apologize for nudity... :lol:
By novena
hi guys!
I've been trying to rig my 'cofrade' character and worked a bit with clothing (that hood seems made of paper :oops: ), then wanted to test a render and this came out of sketchup and Maxwell standalone plugin (slight corrections with lightroom), image just for fun...
would love to know your opinion
V

no photos please!!!
By dariolanza
Surprising work, Victor.

Yes, an smoother subdivision for the cloth will get more natural, but even in this stage, revealing the polygonal structure, the look is also cool.

Congrats

Dario Lanza
By novena
Hi
my idea is to treat my image as a photograph, since my main subject is the holy week (semana santa marinera as it is known in Valencia), I´m trying to catch the event as a photographer would do...
my first idea was to recreate an Abbey road version:

but inspired by Francesc Catala Roca's work, specially his Dali and the hypercube photo:

I think this is the kind of mood I will try to catch...

best
V
By RobMitchell
novena wrote:also have some problems to solve like the ears coming out of the hoods :oops: ...
I suppose one option could be to remove the ears, as you wouldn't see them under the hood anyway. Unless they need to be there to create the correct outline. :)

Really liking this so far -- should be really interesting to see the final result. Good job.
By seghier
to animate cloth with real result you can use daz to create character and export it as object than make the pose you need and export new object
import the first object in marvelous designer (you can use trial version 30 days ) as model and make cloth ( you find may tutorials)
than import the second object as morph and now yo see the character take the new pose with real cloth
i make this tutorial since months (just photos)
By novena
RobMitchell wrote: I suppose one option could be to remove the ears, as you wouldn't see them under the hood anyway. Unless they need to be there to create the correct outline. :)
Really liking this so far -- should be really interesting to see the final result. Good job.
Rob, I really appreciate your positive comments!!! the ears are needed to create the correct outline (clothing), but of course they can be removed as you suggest and nobody will notice. Correcting the physical properties of cloths is other option...
thanks..
best
V
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]