End date: May 13
By novena
seghier wrote:to animate cloth with real result you can use daz to create character and export it as object than make the pose you need and export new object
import the first object in marvelous designer (you can use trial version 30 days ) as model and make cloth ( you find may tutorials)
than import the second object as morph and now yo see the character take the new pose with real cloth
i make this tutorial since months (just photos)
Hi seghier! thanks a lot for your tutorial, last weekend I tried to download DAZ studio but had lot of troubles to download and gave up.
So I started rigging my character with blender but I have experienced some problems with texturing specially when importing geometry to Sketchup, I gave a second try to DAZ and seems to work now... I'm using as well marvelous designer to create clothing. thanks
best
V
By seghier
you are welcome
try makehuman . very useful with blender ( you can use bvh files like walk)
and bmaxwell plugin
you can also try futurism addon . this addon create copy of animation for each frame. i think this help you to create many character with different pose
By novena
Seghier, thanks man for helping!!
at this stage I have found my workflow: Daz-marvelous-blender-Maxwell... probably it is not the best, but it works fine for me...

and here comes an updated test:

I have some little geometry issues to solve, but in general I think it is going the right way...
best
V
By novena
hi guys! some help needed here...
I have a technical question:
I'm testing with my final composition, everything is working fine except the 'full shadow pass' (described here: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... ow+channel)...
my scene includes a groundplane, the camera, and the HDRI as IBL; all my figures are individual mxs references, I'm hiding all objects to camera in the scene (groundplane and all mxs references) but when rendering my mxs references are not hidden, is there a way to hide mxs to camera?? or should I merge all mxs to my scene??? is there a way to merge mxs to a scene??
thanks in advance
best
V
By Mihai
You just have to use also the "Override flags" in the MXS Reference section of the Object parameters panel. It's at the top of this panel. Here you have the same hide to camera etc, but regarding references. So here, check both "Hidden" and "Hide to camera". This is telling Studio that you want to override whatever visibility settings this file had in it, and that you want to control it from your main scene. Now you can also check Hidden to camera in the Appearence section.
By novena
Mihai wrote:You just have to use also the "Override flags" in the MXS Reference section of the Object parameters panel. It's at the top of this panel. Here you have the same hide to camera etc, but regarding references. So here, check both "Hidden" and "Hide to camera". This is telling Studio that you want to override whatever visibility settings this file had in it, and that you want to control it from your main scene. Now you can also check Hidden to camera in the Appearence section.
thanks a lot Mihai, works perfect
best
V
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]