End date: May 13
By seghier
hello, thanks to maxwell team for this competition
i choose " Plaza del Ayuntamiento de Valencia " but the problem with this photo is the calibration of camera
i try blender and sketchup to getting the best result
sketchup more simlpe with good result
the final result i get camera with focal lenght 34.7mm ... in maxwell i modify it to 35 mm
my idea to create big balloon fish ( sory for english ) and bubbles . this idea because " Valencia is famous for its delicious paella " ;) :D
i will use blender to create big fishes
------
i have question about render reflection without the ground ? i know about shadow but reflection no
By Mihai
Well, you can do a reflections only render (found under Render options, Diffuse only, Reflections only, Both (default)). But in this case you probably want to also have the reflections interact with the grooves in the tiles on that ground, so it would probably be best to try and create a material that mimics the ground material (including bumps etc) and apply it to a plane. Then try to match the tile size and look of the photo. So then you don't really need a separate reflection pass because you will see your ground (not the ground in the photo) in the render with reflections and everything.
By seghier
thanks Mihai :)
i will try and see what i can do ; now i use simple and new method for camera calibration and i get good result
i will post what i do
By seghier
i use photo from google earth to create drawing with drafsight
than i import it in sketchup and i create 3d model to verify perspective lines
the ground and the building in the left of photo have different perspective
i use the building in the right of photo and the result is good
now i import the image to draftsight and i redraw lines with horizon and print the result as jpg than i import it to sketchup again to calibrate the camera
to get better result with human proportion i use photo from google search i found that one tile = 3 width of shoes ( in the photo)
i use that to scale model in sketchup than i export to studio and i verify the camera ...... 35 mm exactly :)
By seghier
i try the reflection and diffuse , can i render the reflection of the objects only without the reflection of hdri environement in ground ?
because the environement is reflect to the real ground
By seghier
Hello
i try this idea
a small baloon with led light ; i search with google and i find many product like that
i make big balloons (with hellium) raise small led balloons
after that i make the original idea because the last idea need more time for render
( the texture of fish i find it in the web and i create 3 from the same photo with sketchbook )
By seghier
i hope that maxwell team develop material receive reflection and shadow only
because with this version and my laptop i can't render 2 images . this need long time
By Mihai
Did you apply the emitter material directly to that top surface? Is it single sided? Would probably be fastest to render if it's single sided so no light shines inside that sphere, which wouldn't be seen anyway. As the render looks now, this should render pretty fast. What resolution and CPU do you use?
By seghier
thanks Mihai
you mean the baloon light ? i apply emitter material but i don't know how apply the material to one side ?
if you mean the spheres in the ground this spheres have half as an emitter and half sphere as metal to fix the balloon in ground
i have Hp 8560w i7 ; i think a render with 1600 x 1200 will take many days and i can't add many objects in the scene
sometimes when i use maxwell and i save the scene ; nothing saved
By Mihai
Nothing saved from where? Maxwell Studio?

Could you send me a private message with the link to this scene? I don't think it should take so long to render. Do a "Pack & Go" which will save the scene and all dependencies (textures etc) in a folder, zip the folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox etc. You can find Pack & Go in Maxwell Studio from File>Pack & Go. Pick a folder where to save everything.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]