End date: May 13
By ramonesFAN
Hi guys!
first post into Maxwell Render community :)

The hdr images from MAGROUND are Awesome, so I decided to play with one of them (my favorite one) in my spare time.

Here are some tests, I had the general idea to represent an "interior into exterior" advertising style.
Any c&c are more than welcome!!

..this one is just for fun :D (not intended to be offensive eheh)

Thanks for watching!
Riccardo
By Ernesto
ramonesFAN

Your images are great!!!
And you placed the camera about 60 cm from the ground, which matches my calculations!
They look very realistic.

Could you tell me how to create the UV mapping for the ground plane.
I am having trouble with it.
Just in case I am using Maya 2012 and Maxwell 2.7 (the last version)
Thanks

Ernesto
By ramonesFAN
Hi Ernesto,
Thank you so much for your comment! I am glad you appreciated the images.

In the first test the plane was mapped using projection mapping ("camera map" modifier into 3ds Max, MAGROUND backplate used as diffuse map).
I opted for this modifier only for testing reflections on mirror-like materials, it's a "dirty way" to map the background.

The other images were build in layers composed with photoshop (diffuse+alpha+shadow pass+MAGROUND backplate).

;)
By ramonesFAN
Thank you!

About the topic.. I wrote it, It was just for laughing! (obviously not for final submission):
..this one is just for fun (not intended to be offensive eheh)
By seghier
nice render
i calculate position of the camera with blender and sketchup
but for real result i create 3d scene to get the exact position of the camera
By prodviz
Hi ramonesFAN,

cool shots.

I can't make it out from the chrome ball image, but is the shadow on the ground plane reflecting back up in to the ball?

cheers,

Steve
By ramonesFAN
@prodviz:
Yes it is! Not easy to see.
Thanks for the comment!

Some infos about my entry:
As I wrote before, I wanted to create an adv-style image.
For the final entry I tried to create an absurd but "funny" situation in which an Iberia plane had been forced to safely crash-landing on Valencia Hemisfèric plaza.
This happened because - during the flight - the firs right jet-engine stopped working & started producing a perfectly cooked guzpacho. With basil.
:)
The landing site instantly become the best and Most exclusive place to taste the best Spanish guzpacho in Valencia.

(PS: absurdly speaking,
crash-landing there is quite difficult, the walkable area in this site is small 'cause there is water everywhere..use imagination eheh,
I chose it because I love Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències di Valencia, and it is the larger area/backplate available)

A little screen/anticipation:

Now I'm adding some minor details (es. an old wooden spoon, some tomatoes & other minor ingredients) for finishing the image.
Hope you like it!

Have a good day guys ;)
By Mihai
Looking really good :)

One comment would be that I feel too far away from the table in this shot....perhaps having the whole engine in frame is not necessary and you can get closer to the table. Just a thought...
By ramonesFAN
Thanks for the comment Mihai!
Really glad you like it ;)

I totally agree with you, at this moment the composition is visibly unbalanced toward the bottom of the shot.
I would like to include the whole engine, so my intention is to crop the final shot to a 16:9/10 aspect ratio (now it's classic 4:3).
Something like this (16:10, at final big resolution everything in the image will look "bigger" and more detailed, so the table):

What do you think about?

However, I'm gonna trying to get closer to the table as you suggested me, once ended to add minor modeling details.

Thank you again mate!
By toby28
hahaha side note - I was laughing pretty hard at the chair juxtaposed with the toilet one.. :lol:

Looking forward to checking out the final entry!
By ramonesFAN
@toby28:
nice to read you had fun mate! haha ^^

This one could be my final entry (high res, 2500px):
As I wrote before, I wanted to create an adv-style image.
For the final entry I tried to create an absurd but "funny" situation in which an Iberia plane had been forced to safely crash-landing on Valencia Hemisfèric plaza.
This happened because - during the flight - the firs right jet-engine stopped working & started producing a perfectly cooked guzpacho. With basil.

The landing site instantly become the best and Most exclusive place to taste the best Spanish guzpacho in Valencia.
..and here is a screenshot from the 3d modeling software:

I hope you will enjoy it ;)

PS:
It would be really nice to upload the final entry at higher res than 1600px!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]