End date: May 13
By chedda
Hi guy's i'm in on this, i just hope to find the time & inspiration. Is someone from maground around ? I'd like to know the locations of the last 2 hdri's numbers 3 & 4 ? Hopefully this will help inspire my scene good luck everybody !
By chedda
Well after much research around the plaza area i decided to focus on the central post office building .I am particularly interested in the glass domed interior atrium of the building. I intended to model this area and use the night plaza 3rd image to light it. Now after reading these threads i've realised that i must also use the backplate. This has thrown my plan out of the window it seems. Would it be ok not to use the accompanying backplate ? Or could the image be incorporated into the scene in some other way to qualify ? For example as a photograph on an easel or as a picture on the wall ?
By chedda
Yes the lighting from the HDR would be perfect as the building is on the plaza however the backplate would not match or really be seen. I think i am going to have a re-think, & take my time !
By Half Life
Architectural stuff is probably not a good fit for most HDRs like this -- primarily these types of HDRs would be best used for rendering things like vehicles/sculptures/fountains/etc... the reason being that these photos are taken from sidewalks/roads -- places where you would not usually put a new/existing architectural element.

An HDR taken from an empty lot (for instance) would be far more suitable for an architectural subject.

Best,
Jason.
By Ernesto
you are right Jason,

Perhaps one day you will be able to take an spherical HDRI with your CellPhone, and use it for your Own Building Site!

E
By chedda
Yes I agree guys an interior is exactly the wrong idea. This image needs to be object based. I took a deep breath and started again. I have been working on a fountain today, it seems we think alike Jason ! I have made some good progress. However the benchmark is 110 so it may need a while to render.
By chedda
Am i right in assuming the submitted image will be 2133x1600 ? This is the same proportions as the backplate. Or can creative cropping be used ?
By Mihai
Render image maximum resolution: largest side less than 1600 px
Render image minimum resolution: smallest side greater than 1000 px
So there is no constraint for proportions, just the smallest side needs to be bigger than 1000, and the largest side smaller than 1600.
By chedda
I uploaded my entry but received no confirmation, can someone here let me know they received it ? The name on the form is Simon Edwards.
By toby28
Hi Chedda - I confirm that we received the entry from Simon Edwards :). Thanks!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]