End date: May 13
By toby28
If you want to post your renders to get feedback/ask questions, please create a new topic to keep things well organized - thanks! :)
By toby28
For those of you who signed up for the competition before April 26th, you will have just received your new Maxwell Render evaluation license in an email so that you can keep working until the deadline on Monday, May 13th (the first license you received will expire tomorrow). If you are having trouble receiving it, please write to us!

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/contact
By novena
hi guys!
I received today the email with the new evaluation license, followed the instructions included to register the new license, after clicking 'save' I get a dialog saying:
License saved in: C:\Users\victorh\Documents\Maxwell\license.txt
then I click the 'OK' button and Maxwell closes and then received a text saying: maxwell.exe dejó de funcionar (stopped working)
I restarted Maxwell but no license was saved, I also tried running maxwell with administrator privileges but still not working... I have tried several times even restarted my computer without sucess...
should I start removing the previous evaluation license before adding the new one?? (removing the previous license is not on the instructions)
thanks in advance
best
V

p.s. forgot to say, even just opening and closing the 'license info' makes maxwell to close, probably do I have to reinstall maxwell??
By novena
Mihai wrote:Probably best to reinstall Maxwell. It should not have anything to do with the license file which is a simple text file. To "unlicense" Maxwell if needed, simply move or delete that file.
what could we do without your support guys!! thanks again Mihai, I will try to reinstall later cos' I'm rendering now what could be my final entry...
cheers
V
By novena
URGENT HELP!!!

Hi guys!
I'm still having problems to register the new evaluation license... I uninstalled Maxwell and reinstalled, then when saving the new license Maxwell closes without saving the new license... what else can I try to make it work???
thanks in advance...
By seghier
try to add the old license than replace the text of new license in the old one ; just try :)
good luck novena or use renderfarm to save time
By novena
seghier wrote:try to add the old license than replace the text of new license in the old one ; just try :)
good luck novena or use renderfarm to save time
thanks seghier, for trying to help... I tried as you said but it is not working... renderfarm is not an option, I should have received a license that Works... I have to solve this tonite, tomorrow I have to work as usual... :(
best
V
By seghier
emm but tomorrow the last day
try to create new user session in your computer and install maxwell there
or try also an uninstaller to remove any trace of maxwell
By novena
Hi there! this is the situation:

my scene has 16 figures on the foreground (each one is an mxs reference) plus about 30 lowpoly figures on the background (each one is an mxs reference as well), when I did press render button it took forever to start rendering, so I decided to separate it in 2 scenes: 'foreground figures' and 'background figures'.
friday morning I had my 'foreground' rendered at 17.42 SL (took 8hrs rendering along night) included the shadow, alpha, fresnel, roughness and material ID channels, the z depth is not usable with the groundplate hidden to camera.
I had to be absent during the weekend, without computer, today I came back and the new license is not working, I can't resume my 'foreground' and its zdepth pass, can't render my 'background' either.
Now it is 6hrs since I have been trying everything to register the new license but it is not working, uninstalled and installed maxwell several times, removed the first license and added the new one but still not working, registered again the first license and tried to register the new one but nothing is working...
I could use my rendered 'foreground' as my final entry but I don't feel it finished...
please Maxwell team give me some support to make Maxwell work
thanks in advance
By seghier
hi Novena try ranchcomputing.com
they give you free account with 50 $
than you can render your scene very quickly
and you you can try other site to render other scene . you can find many renderfarm online gives free try
i try one . see in my thread
i really hope that help you. or you must install other system in your computer
can you try virtual system like linux or any other os inside windows 7
By toby28
Hi Novena - really sorry to hear about the license issue over the weekend. It´s been tested on my end and should have worked fine so we'll look into this. As you know, we're aware of the situation so no worries - looking forward to the entry!
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]