Does anyone know how to adjust scale of overridden materials. I'm working on a brick clad building and so far I haven't found a single time where the materials work at a scale in relation to the building, there seems to be no way to control this.

Also linked files don't carry materials over to the file rendering.

Do I need to switch back to Vray?
Hi thanks for the reply.

I will.

I'm BIM leader at a practice that uses Maxwell for it's rendering. The office had been a 2D, non-BIM practice but are transitioning to BIM/Revit. It's very important that existing workflows are maintained, for 3D they were using Rhino/Maxwell.

I've been using both Maxwell and Vray for years. Vray have now entered the Revit market so it's very important that Maxwell stay ahead of the curve if they want to compete.

Despite Maxwell being "better" Vray do have market share and "ecology" on their side so please continue to develop and innovate. I've spoke to Chaos Group developers at conferences and they will be deploying proxies for trees/entourage and material management (UV mapping etc) very soon.

The most desirable goal for BIM rendering is a "one stop shop" where all can work can produced in-model. So far Maxwell is looking great, I've been using HDRI skys etc. So far the single biggest problems are the ones I listed, material mapping and linked files. A key aspect of Revit workflow is "federated models" where a number of files are linked in to a single combined model for information production so it's vital that any renderers can deal with this or the only other option is FBX to 3Ds Max. I know Maxwell have a plugin for 3Ds, but Vray really have dominance in term of content like Evermotion etc.

Sorry for the mini essay but like most BIM professionals having a photo-real renderer within Revit is BIM "Nirvana", whoever gets there first, wins.
Hello,

I have uploaded the new Revit plugin beta to the Early Build site. This is not the end of the development of course, but a critical step for the plugin, I have rewritten a lot of things (visible and not so visible things) to be able to step further in the future.

Márton
Marton Day8 wrote:Hello,

I have uploaded the new Revit plugin beta to the Early Build site. This is not the end of the development of course, but a critical step for the plugin, I have rewritten a lot of things (visible and not so visible things) to be able to step further in the future.

Márton
I can't find the download area on the new customer portal, can you post where it it..?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]