By smithgill
I have been experimenting with some the Maxwell for Revit plugin, but when I export an MXS file the size is extremely large (500-800mb) and it can take up to half an hour just to export the file. The projects that I am experimenting with are large sky scrappers with some custom curtain wall panels, and utilize several linked Revit files with interiors and such. The main revit files are about 280-320 mb files. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what may be causing the MXS files to be almost twice that of the revit file? Could it be that the revit file is not properly organized or possibly a setting in Maxwell? Thank you for any help.
By raduc
smithgill wrote:I have been experimenting with some the Maxwell for Revit plugin, but when I export an MXS file the size is extremely large (500-800mb) and it can take up to half an hour just to export the file. The projects that I am experimenting with are large sky scrappers with some custom curtain wall panels, and utilize several linked Revit files with interiors and such. The main revit files are about 280-320 mb files. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what may be causing the MXS files to be almost twice that of the revit file? Could it be that the revit file is not properly organized or possibly a setting in Maxwell? Thank you for any help.
Hi smithgill,

The long export times come from the Revit triangulation process.
MXS files come out bigger because the Revit API cannot accurately specify that a certain family instance is an actual replica of the original family so to make sure that there aren't any render inaccuracies, we let Revit triangulate instances as separate objects instead of instancing the original family.
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about any of these issues at the moment, sorry.

Regards,
Radu
By smithgill
Hi Raduc,

Thanks for the reply! I was more just curious what the cause of the situation was than I was complaining, so your answer was perfect. I will try to impliment the practices you mentioned. Thanks again.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]