By GMcDowellJr
In an existing, upgraded, project with links (not sure if they're causing the issue or not but in a new file things work fine) I get a "cannot open render parameters in family editor." Of course I'm not in the family editor.

As I understand, the MR plugin doesn't pull materials (and I would assume IES files in lights) from linked files pre 2014... thus my need to export from this version.

If I start a new file and link in my main model with its links I can get the Render Parameters dialog to open but I can't export to MXS. I get an error too long to reproduce here (but I've got a screen grab I'd be happy to email).
By raduc
GMcDowellJr wrote:I've also noticed that not all of my objects are coming into Studio with their materials assigned. This time exporting out of 2013.
In 2013 we rely on the object ids that Revit exports to the fbx in order to link the exported objects with the data we get from the API, sometimes exported objects have no such ids, their name is somewhere along the lines SX0000.. For those objects we can't find the material. From what I've seen only staircase components should sometimes do this, if it's something else and you can send me a rvt project that contains only the objects that have this behavior, I'll take a look and see if there's anything that can be done about it.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]