By JPMays
I'm working on a handrail, constructed using the Pipe command. I'm having trouble with the geometry though, it renders very polygonal.

And here's the rendered version, just as it appears in Rhino.

If I try to construct it using the cylinder tool, it looks fine until I use the Move face command to stretch it.

Any thoughts how work around this? I wouldn't worry about it except it features prominently in the view I've set up.
By JDHill
Have you tried adjusting the mesh settings for the object (i.e. Object Properties > Render Mesh Settings > Custom Mesh checked, Settings > Adjust)? Rhino tends to make long skinny triangles for things like this - playing with the object's render mesh settings (probably Maximum edge length in a case like this) can help.
By JPMays
That helped some, but it's still noticeably polygonal. Why does it change? Like, why does it switch from looking fine to being polygonal after I move the face? If it's gonna be screwed up it seems it should always do that.
By JDHill
I really couldn't tell you why, it just has to do with Rhino's internal meshing code...I've been using Rhino a long time and sometimes things just work that way, so you learn how to tweak them or find a workaround. If you want to send me part of the model, I can mess around with the mesh settings a bit and see what I can come up with...I'm sure it's possible to get an acceptable mesh.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]