By JPMays
Every time I load this particular Rhino file I get this message.

It bugged me enough that I went in the referenced file to change the material assignation to match, and there's not even a layer with that name, even though it's telling me that it is. I originally had one large file that I broke up into several pieces and then referenced together for renderings, so I'm guessing that's what's causing it, but how do I fix it if the layer doesn't even exist in that file?

Thanks
By JDHill
Well, the plugin can hardly invent a layer that doesn't exist, and then read a conflicting material from it. So, whatever the case, the plugin is asking you which material you want to use, because it can't make that type of decision on its own. You can either tell it what to do using this dialog, or if you find that annoying, you can use the plugin options Suppress Material Conflict Dialog and Prefer Imported Materials to control its behavior in these scenarios. What the first one does is fairly obvious - what the second does is determine what your answer to the dialog would have been had it been shown; to keep the assignments as they are in the current document, or to use the ones which have been found in the document being imported.
By JPMays
It must have been some residue left over from when I exported those objects to a new file. I fixed it by exporting those objects to yet another file, and then re-naming it the same. Problem solved.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]