Hi Guys- I created a capped cylinder that I exploded so that I could have a brushed finish running around the sides of the cylinder and then a concentric brushed finish on the top of the cylinder.

I expected that I would have a surface mapped texture along the sides of the cylinder and then I would change the mapping for the top.

What is happening is that when I change the mapping for the top of the cylinder the map for the sides changes as well. Is there any way to unlink these materials or do I need to re model these from the beginning as two separate entities?
Thanks!
I'd delete all the mappings on those objects, then make them again, making sure that only one entity selected when adding each new mapping so that Rhino doesn't think you want them to be related to each other. You could also try the 'TestSeparateMappings' command (I think that's the name) to break the apparent links between the existing mappings.
Looks like it's 'TestSeparateMapping', not plural. When I suggested to delete mappings, that was on the assumption that you had created some - what do you see if you go to Object Properties > Texture Mapping, check 'Show advanced UI', and select one of these objects?
I went back and checked my model, I had applied a texture and then performed some modifications (Boolean, Blend Edge) then I exploded and tried to change the mapping. I went back and just performed my operations before I applied the textures and then everything worked fine. I have to learn more about this texture mapping area I will test out your command tomorrow.... it is toooooo hot in my house tonight and my computer has to get shut down :).
Thanks again
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]