By piroshki
Hi all, (and JD!)

A quick note to ask a small question: for some reason when I turn on the "heads up display" I don't see the clipping area; the film and dof text boxes are surrounded by a red trim. When I hit render it looks like I have a lot of additional space added to my render on either side of the screen, rather than the output being a cropped version of my viewport (I hope this makes sense)

Anyone have any ideas on how to force the output to be a cropped version of my viewport?

Tom.
By JDHill
If the HUD is showing things in red, it means that a portion of the maxwell camera's sensor, or the whole rectangle, is larger than, and therefore not viewable using, the theoretical sensor of the rhino viewport camera. So, since the rhino viewport is always going to be using a film that's either 24mm x Nmm or Nmm x 24mm (depending on whether the viewport is over-square or under-square), if you have a film in your maxwell camera that's larger than this, you won't be able to see the film rectangle being drawn at all.

To get back to square one, just go to the camera tab, make sure the viewport you're working with is selected, and switch the output resolution to use the 'viewport' preset - the plugin will immediately pick up the viewport size and set the maxwell camera up to match...then just proceed from there.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]