By ivox3
I know the topic is less than exciting ....... but could somebody clear me up on getting an accurate placement of a house model for a sun study ....

I'm a little lost with how to get the model positioned correctly within rhino and then what exactly to do in Maxwell...

when I say I'm a little lost, ..that should translate as totally clueless. :lol:
By JDHill
Well mostly you should just need to know is that positive Y points north, unless you go messing around with the scene rotation parameter. So if the print is specific about where north is, then you should be in business (if it's not...good luck :P ). As far as the sun study itself goes, do you need to render out an animation, or are you just trying to get position and render out a certain time of day?
By Peder
Saw an interesting new variation on the sun study theme last week. Somebody did an animation where the camera was animated along the sunpath looking down at the model. Illustrated with an inset clock so the time of day was visible. This way it was easy to see what part of the model received light throughout the day.

Sorry for the hijack!

/Peder
By richardfollett
From within Rhino, open the scene manager then click on the location tab. Now in that tab you will see a round icon. Hover over it and it should say - Show sun in viewport. Click this and a big arrow should appear in all viewports. This is the sun plus direction. Now if you change Time of day you will see if rise and fall. I hope this helps.

Rich
By f64cg
JDHill wrote:Well mostly you should just need to know is that positive Y points north, unless you go messing around with the scene rotation parameter. So if the print is specific about where north is, then you should be in business (if it's not...good luck :P ). As far as the sun study itself goes, do you need to render out an animation, or are you just trying to get position and render out a certain time of day?
We are trying to do sun study animation renders with Rhino and Maxwell without success. Any suggestions or instructions?

Thanks
By JDHill
Could you give more detail about what you tried and what happened (or didn't happen) when you did? Are you familiar with how to use RhinoScript?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]