By caryjames
Maybe the "dazzler" light works too well :)... sometimes when I use the "dazzler" light (mxi emitter with lots of small round emitters) I am getting unreal colours in my diamonds. I doubt that this will clear up and have the purple colours change to more muted colours but I could be wrong- this is at SL18 - usually it will get less noisy but the colours would remain the same. Any thoughts? I mean too much dispersion is not necessarily a bad thing but..... :)

By ricardo
This looks like clipping, i.e., you have more than 100% on those fires. Try reducing the dazzler power or using multi light.
By caryjames
Hi Ricardo- I have reduced the dazzler light and am using multi light, I just thought it was a strange reaction- it seemed to "push" the dispersion of the diamond in an unnatural way. More of a curiosity than a major concern.
By Bubbaloo
And your diamond geometry is not intersecting anything? Hmmm? Hmmm? :P

LOL, I remember reading that you are very careful with your geometry, but just wanted to make sure. How about rendering a mat_id channel and adjusting just the diamond in post?
By ivox3
I don't know why it happens, ..it just happens. I've gotten used to either dumbing it down in post or render with dispersion on/off and do a comp.
By caryjames
Ha Ha Bubbaloo :)... No my diamond is not intersecting anything! It seems like the unreal dispersion is directly tied to how much light is in the scene.. I am going to do some detailed mat tests and then post the results. Might be next week though :(
By rober
Hello boys,
I couldn't conect with the forum for days for a tecnic problem of Next Limit.
I did trial with stones "flying"( intersection with metal imposible ), with only one bunch-mxi B&W emitter and desaturate hdr, with a whithout a background (Black or white plastic) ,...etc...
but the "blue " does'n disappear...
I waiting Monday to comunicate with Next Limit support thath has one file I send they
They said me :
1- A new material (with Wizard) Glass with 2.4 nd and color White Is good enought ( I try and ...enought ok)
2 - They suggest me to active dispersion...Abbe(??) Where is? In material editor I see "Abbe" but
in this Glass or in a diamond IOR materials Abbe is inactive ???
Rober
By rober
I try active dispersion with diamond IOr and with glass (3?60?200?...) but y don't see important changes
The manual said that near a number 60_70 the dispersion is less and is like inactive(???)...I don't see this thing very clear
in my jewell with a lot of diamonds.
Glass (2.4nd White) whithout dispersion is the best result ( white diamonds ) but I would a "bit" of dispersion...not very much.
I haven't controll with dispersion :( !
rober
By rober
Hi ,
after a night (18.35 SL and 22 h) the pave with many diamonds (Glass,2.4nd white dispersion 60-70) seems to lost a little
of noise blue
I have start this discussion and ,if this can hel, I resume in order of less quality, less dispersion ( a bit of dispersion is scientifically corrected ), less time of render and noise to reduce:
-Glass without dispersion (white diamonds but not scientific)
-Glass with dispersion 60 ( a bit of dispersion blue and other colors)
-diamond IOR (dispersion blue and other colors)

A trick? One important diamond in first plane with diamond IOR , all diamonds in a second plane with glass
rober
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]