By Josephus Holt
Bubbaloo wrote:Yeah, well I gave you the wrong mat to look at... :oops:
That's one way to do it. The way I was talking about was having a diffuse layer high roughness, and a reflect layer with low roughness. The reflect layer will have your weight map applied.
But really, either way will work. Just remember that when a map is used in the roughness slot, black = specular, white = rough (number you set), and when used in the layer weight slot, 255 (white) = 100% and 0 (black) = 0% layer weight. Clear as mud, right? :)
It was very nice :D I must be spending enough time in the mudbox, because I actually do follow what you're talking about. One of the things that really appeals to me about Maxwell is that it's not (to me anyway) overly complicated.

This is totally OT, but since you're on the forum all the time, are there any prospects for really significant render time improvements with v2.0? I would love to get my render times down to 12 hrs....right now the interiors I'm running are getting to about SL22 in 22 to 24 hrs...I know that I could "throw another computer at it", but with the economic times as they are I would have a hard time convincing my dear wife that this is really a good way to spend a bunch of $$. :?
By Josephus Holt
...that's perfect! I was frankly not even hoping for a 2x improvement....and that seems to be "at least"!!! Now the wait........but it will be "totally" worth it as the younger generation says :D
By Josephus Holt
some updates...still need to add "life objects"...maybe later...gotta move on to another project. Thanks to all who have helped me get this far.

the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]