By kami
http://blog.rhino3d.com/2009/04/rhino-5 ... egins.html

I can't wait for the 64bit Rhino ... ;)
which leads to the question if there will be a maxwell plugin for rhino_x64 in a wip stage or only when it's finished?
I'm going to check out if the 32bit version can benefit of the plugin.
edit: it works!

cheers, kami
By polynurb
thanks for the link kami...

it was about time.. they show something
By polynurb
kami wrote: edit: it works!
yep!.. just loaded a 300mb rhino4 file and rendered it to maxwell .. no problems there. 8)
By JDHill
Yes, having Rhino 4.0 and the Maxwell plugin already installed, the x86 version of Rhino 5.0 scanned the plugin list from 4.0 and correctly loaded the Maxwell plugin. On the x64 version, I had to manually install the plugin, meaning that I had to use File > Properties > Plug-ins > Install and browse to the Maxwell.Rhino.dll file in my Rhino 4.0 Plug-ins/Maxwell/dll directory.
By kami
and it does work with 64bit as well?
since I read somewhere that every plugin has to be recomplied to work with rhino5_x64, never tested it though ...
By JDHill
Nope, this particular plugin does not have to be recompiled to run. As you can guess, this setup has not been tested at all, so you're on your own for now. The SDK used in the existing plugin is obviously 32bit, so I am not sure how it will act memory-wise; theoretically you should be able to use 4GB on an x64 machine that has enough memory for you to do that. Eventually, I will compile a dedicated x64 installer, but it's too early to invest too much time into that.
By JDHill
Ok, I take some of that back. It works here because I also have the x64 SolidWorks plugin installed. That is providing an x64 version of my main plugin library, and it's being loaded up by the Rhino plugin when it's started up in x64 Rhino. So, in order to run the plugin on x64 Rhino, you would need to download and install the x64 SolidWorks plugin, even if you don't have SolidWorks. Note that you must use matching versions of the Rhino & SolidWorks plugins for this to work.
By polynurb
people you got to check the realtime shadows.. working better than expected.

KWIM.. adjusting sun and stuff.. 8)

some tests with two spotlights:

By yugo
COOL! GREAT! COOL! GREAT! COOL!
To complete this news, it will be great to have maxwell 2.0b... just for testing a fresh couple!!!

Going to test x64Rhino!

Thanks for the news!
By jespi
Hello,

I've not tested v5 yet but would like to know if it is ready for production. Any serious bug you know about?

Thanks in advance,

José
By Fille
Hi José!
I've not tested v5 yet but would like to know if it is ready for production. Any serious bug you know about?
I haven't found anything serious on my three machines (testing both 32 and 64 bit versions). I don't think I'll be using V4 much anymore...
V5 'feels' so much better...

Philip
By jespi
Fille wrote:Hi José!
I haven't found anything serious on my three machines (testing both 32 and 64 bit versions). I don't think I'll be using V4 much anymore...
V5 'feels' so much better...

Philip
Thanks a lot Philip!

I'll install v5 tonight and will see.

Have a nice day,

José
By kami
on the mcneel page they don't recommend rhino5 for a productive environnement. but I haven't crossed any bugs yet. love the new x64 version.
the only thing which is disturbing me, is those huge buttons ... the take way too much space on my sceen and I usually type commands anyway
By ricardo
kami wrote:on the mcneel page they don't recommend rhino5 for a productive environnement. but I haven't crossed any bugs yet. love the new x64 version.
the only thing which is disturbing me, is those huge buttons ... the take way too much space on my sceen and I usually type commands anyway
Go to tools->toolbar layout. Unload the default32X32 and load the default one. Presto.
By Fille
Just to be sure (because V5 is a officially a work-in-progress release) - I work on copies of my files in V5 and save both as V5 and V4.

I have never had any bad problems with WIPs over the years and I think the V5 WIP cycle might be even smoother (same SDK as in V4)...

For the moment I have a minor problem with real time shadows on my old laptop with GeForce Go 6800, but it sounded like display master Jeff LaSor would be able to do something about that in the next WIP (next week). :)

Philip
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]