Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had encountered a similar issue as this:

I've been using the skydome to generate axonometric renderings for a client. We like it for axons because of its flatness which gives materials a more consistent reading. It also renders quite a bit faster than using a physical sky. I've been using this technique for quite some time now with great results.. the background renders perfectly white and everything looks very sharp.

Today however, without changing any settings, my renderings are coming out significantly more overcast than usual.

My environment settings are very close to the Maxwell default settings.

I've checked old projects with the same settings, and they render as usual; so the problem seems to be isolated to this particular file. Perhaps it is corrupt? Or perhaps there is a setting in a menu other than the 'Environment Settings' that is affecting this?

Ironically it is fairly overcast today in Brooklyn, NY

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
By JDHill
A few possibilities come to mind:

1. have you recently switched versions of Maxwell or the plugin?
2. are you sure the camera settings are identical between the two?
3. do things brighten up further if you render to a higher SL?
By Mihai
Did you have use sun checked for the first render? It looks like it's getting a little bit yellow illumination from direct sunlight.
By studiotractor
Hi JD,

Thanks for the quick reply!

1. I've upgraded to the current versions of Maxwell and the plugin, as well as the latest Rhino 4 service release. I've been current for about two weeks now, however, I've done renderings since then that have rendered fine.

2. 99% sure camera settings are the same. I rarely change them.

3. Things brighten up a bit, however the background remains gray, and there is much less contrast in the rendering as whole than previously.

We solved the problem a few minutes ago by purging a rhino file from an older project and copy-pasting all of the geometries, and saved views into this file. Things seem to be back to normal again.

Thanks again,

Andrew
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]