By Polyxo
Hi All,
is there a way to use the sky-presets (.sky-files) which come with the Maxwell installation with the Rhino plugin? I see that it is is possible to create presets but is there also a way to load these external settings files?

Thanks, Holger
By JDHill
There's a button for doing that in the toolbar at the top of Scene Manger > Environment Settings.
By Polyxo
Damn, that was fast... Thanks Jeremy!
By Polyxo
It was good when we could see the name of the currently loaded (sky)preset somewhere...
Also it seems to me that plugin presets and these universal presets interfere, no?
Obviously all user data also presently is being stored at some places but I think an Export option like for sky settings made sense for other presets and appearance preferences.
By JDHill
The .sky file import/export (I consider .sky files to represent an import/export concept, rather than 'presets') is just there because those files now exist in Maxwell 1.7 - the plugin's presets have been consistent since the first version, and for each page of the Scene Manager. Furthermore, where the presets in the plugin are per-page, .sky files have also got time/location data in them...so they are their own kind of special case. As they span over time/date/location/sky params, there is not a good place to put their name - which would need to be erased anyway as soon as any parameter was changed after import. Import/export for the scene in general can be done using Main Menu > Maxwell > Scene Data Management > Export Scene Data. Well, I think that's what it is...I can't check because I just lost the PSU on my Windows machine this morning...
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]