I only have this problem with the macpro video card quaddro fx5600. Is strange because I have the same video card at work in a dell and it works fine. Problem is only with the macpro. I loaded the latest drivers form nvidia or apple..

Also the studio was not able to run with the nvidia driver, I had to remove it and then it will run fine and the location tab..

any workarounds?

any experience outhere with this macpro and the quadro fx5600

cheers
By JDHill
Hi locos77,

I don't currently have any other reports like this, so it sounds like it is machine/driver-specific, especially seeing that you say it works fine on your other machine. Do I understand correctly that the issue is only occurring when you have this specific set of drivers installed? If so, I guess the workaround would be just to use whichever drivers allow things to work correctly - the plugin does not require any exotic OpenGL features. The plugin also has nothing specific in common with Studio, so you may just need to go into the display adapter settings and re-configure some features to make it work right on this particular machine.

Cheers,

JD
By locos77
If i remove the quaddro driver and use the generic windows driver works fine..

Is strange the same with studio, just freezes with the quaddro driver and the location tab. I remove the quaddro driver and works fine.

I think it just freezes and stops responding because of that globe earth thing. ..

very strange..
By JDHill
It sounds like your machine/card just don't get along with those drivers (or they need some tweaking). If the plugin sensed an error, it would hide the globe and you would just see sliders in that window. If you look above the globe area, next to the KML button, you should be able to toggle on these sliders yourself - they do the same thing as the globe, and I include this alternate interface for cases like this where there are OpenGL issues.

JD
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]