By JDHill
I think so - I would always choose Rhino over SolidWorks for setting up renders. Rhino has a few little glitches in the texture-mapping area, but at least the mapping tools they provide are native to the application, rather than being part of an add-on like SolidWorks does with Photoworks.

You can download the Rhino evaluation version here: http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm . The trial version is fully-functional, but it will only save 25 times. Afterward, it will also not load 3rd-party plugins like the Maxwell plugin. Even though it won't save or load plugins after this period, it should still be functional in all other areas, so people can use it indefinetely as a full-featured Rhino .3dm file-viewer.

The Maxwell plugin for Rhino is basically identical to the one for SolidWorks, so you should have very little learning curve there. When running on the same machine, both plugins will use the same database and Scene Manager presets, and they both import/export complete sets of Maxwell scene data using the same format, so they are a good complement to one another.

Cheers,

JD
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]