By CptNemo
Hello Everybody

Im very happy man if somebody please tell me basics how can i get very clear product photo with pure white bacround and hint of shadow beneath it... Everybody than i can do it.. WHY (photoshop? ) I have try alpha channel and shadow renderin separaretly but still picture is not right..

Cpt Nemo ( Still learning )
By CptNemo
Thanks !!

What should be the best ground material ?

Cpt Nemo
By bjorn.syse
Depends, if you just want a plain old white "matte/diffuse" look for the floor (no reflections), I suggest you create a new material, choose almost white as the "Reflection 0" color, and that's it.

What are you rendering?

- Björn
By CptNemo
Thanks Björn

Usually I render small electronic devices example room thermostat cover plannings or led lightning consepts to our clients..

So I think that the best material is non reflect white matte rgb 118/118/118 ?

Nice websites you have ;) ( I think that I have tested your pencil mouse in stocholms furniture affair ?)

Cpt Nemo
By bjorn.syse
Yep, you're right! :D The mouse was on exhibition about a year ago. How fun that you saw it! It was sort of the wrong forum for that kind of product though.. I've made a few improvements since then, and a new model.. but, I have no real client for it yet, so it's "on ice" right now..

Hey, where in finland do you work?

I think perhaps 118 might be too grey if you want it white. 128 is 50% grey, and if you want bright bright white, I would use around 240/240/240 for the background.

For soft shadows, try using large emitter planes placed right above the object, or as JD pointed out, the LDR-images from Hyltom are just great.

- Björn
By CptNemo
Im from Rauma 432km from Visby.

I have few possible connections to offer your mouse. Maybe someday in autum I bring it up.. no promises but I can always try. If someone is interested it I want some consept plannings to my email so its of course easier to explain.

Thanks a lot for tips Björn

Cpt Nemo ( nemodesign Oy )

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]