By polynurb
Kami i think what you wrote about is a good idea in many ways.. similar to my wish for several output path to switch between.. just more clever :)

so in theory..

an option to link each camera to a designated output would be great imo.. just wondering where you would set the paths...

thinking out loud .. it could be under the camera settings, with a switch to override the default settings from the output tab, but it would need it's own preset or so, because you would want to control the camera independent from the file path/names...

.. Jd i hope we are not getting on your nerves with this one :wink:

btw...i missed to reply on your last post... you were pretty right with the text on the viewport tabs.. i completly forgot that this can also be turned off...:oops: but i also ment the way the settings are arranged in a more compact way now, not just vertical above each other.
By JDHill
Thanks, I understand the wish and I agree it could be very useful, but to be realistic, it is not the type of idea that I can just tack on to the existing plugin; it would require a pretty heavy rewrite. So, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
By JDHill
Back again -- this won't be multiple output settings or anything extensive like that, but I am adding an option to the Maxwell_Render command that allows you to use the selected view name as the mxs/mxi/image output file names (of course it still works with auto-naming too).
By polynurb
wow JD ... that will basically do what we are looking for!

if i get you right then we can render the views "east" & "west" alternating, still getting east_1, east_2.. west_1,west_2 as output..

..8)
By JDHill
Yeah, that's basically it...when you type Maxwell_Render, the command-line will look like this:

Choose Option <RenderScene> (RenderScene RenderSelectedObjects UseViewNameAsOutputName=No):
By kami
I hope you don't mind if I'm asking this:
the plugin updates you described. will they be part of MR 2.0 or will they be available sooner?
By JDHill
No worries, this stuff isn't a 1.0/2.0 thing. :)
By kami
I got one more item for the wish list ;)
A switch to disable displacement temporarily for all materials would be much appreciated. It comes very handy when you want to do quick test renderings.
By jespi
kami wrote:I got one more item for the wish list ;)
A switch to disable displacement temporarily for all materials would be much appreciated. It comes very handy when you want to do quick test renderings.
That makes sense! +1

José
By JDHill
Thanks, that makes sense and I'll put it on my list. For the next version, you'll have to get by with a 'disable materials' override switch - that will just render the whole model (except emitters) using the default material.
By jespi
JDHill wrote:... next version, you'll have to get by with a 'disable materials' override switch - that will just render the whole model (except emitters) using the default material.
That is a nice implementation! will save tones of hours to me. Would be nice see the same feature within the cinema4d's plugin.

José
By JDHill
It already is - see Scene Object > Output > Options > Disable Materials. I don't think it checks for emitters though - it just makes everything use the default.
By jespi
JDHill wrote:It already is - see Scene Object > Output > Options > Disable Materials. I don't think it checks for emitters though - it just makes everything use the default.
Didn't know that, thanks Jeremy!
By polynurb
when using sunlight while in hdr mode one has to swap mode to access the sun illumination properties, and back to hdr again.
maybe it would be possible to make these controls show upin the HDR section when sun is checked?
the same could work when unchecking a hdr channel, so that the alternate background settings for skydome/physical sky also show up. they just feel a bit hidden the way it is works atm.

thanks,

daniel
By JDHill
It's possible to do that, though you would end up with quite alot of controls when all 4 image based channels were being used. So I'll mock it up when I get a chance and see how it feels. Another option is to just merge the date/time/location page with the environment page - I also did not do this because of how tall the page would get, though it's possible to show/hide different parts based on whether the sun is enabled, whether there are any disabled image based channels which would then be using date/time/location/physical sky parameters, etc...it's a judgement call whether one should keep more tabs, or have ui elements popping in and out of existence based on the state of different options.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]