I'm a novice at Maxwell Render (and 3D in general). I'm working on my first project...this is a multi-roomed building cutaway viewed from above. I can light it with the 'Dome' but would rather light the interior with emitters or IES. However, I can't find a way to hide my light sources which are between the camera and what I want to view. When I use 'Hide', the source is hidden, but the lighting also is turned off.

So my question is simple:
In Standalone (2.7.22) for Sketchup (8.0.4810), is there a way to hide the light source while keeping the light.
By JDHill
Using SketchUp's Hide function will prevent the geometry being sent to Maxwell at all. What you want to do is to make sure your light source is a group, then you can right-click on the group, and in the Maxwell sub-menu, use the Hide from Camera, GI, Reflections & Refractions, etc, options. You need to use a group, because these properties are not defined at the per-face level.
OK. I had seen that before and had applied the 'Group' to a simple square which was the geometry that I had used for my IES source. The hide didn't work. The light wouldn't render.

After your post, I downloaded a sphere, applied the IES...right-clicking got me a different menu than I had seen with the grouped square. It included the Hide from Camera, and it worked like a charm.

I've been beating my head against the wall (off and on) for 2 days trying to figure this out. I wish I had come to the forum earlier. Thanks again so much for your help.

BTW, I loved your work in 'Mr. Roberts' and the 'Odd Couple'....
By JDHill
Good, I'm glad it helped...and btw, the pic happens to be from one of my favorites -- "The Apartment" -- a Billy Wilder flick that I highly recommend, if you've not seen it. I have to guess it may have been pretty startling for people to see, especially, Ray Walston and Fred MacMurray, playing the roles they played in it. :)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]