By cadmunkey
Working on a model at the moment that I rendered last night for a last minute presentation. Ran into problems with 'Maxwell grass' - whenever I tried to use it it came up with a box that said "Script error" Invalid character (then explorer link to the file "mx.transport.js")
I couldnt render with grass at all. Any ideas?
By JDHill
I'm not currently aware of any such problem. So, could you please save a copy of the model, open the copy, and confirm that the error is still repeatable? If so, I would like you to send me the copy (jeremy at nextlimit dotcom) so I can check it out. If the model is too large for email, you could use dropbox or similar.
By JDHill
Thanks for sending the file, but unfortunately, it works fine here. Are you able to reproduce the behavior using a brand new file? Also, what is your Windows version, and which version of Internet Explorer is installed? Lastly, which version of the plugin are you using (see Plugins > Maxwell > About Maxwell)?
By cadmunkey
JDHill wrote:Thanks for sending the file, but unfortunately, it works fine here. Are you able to reproduce the behavior using a brand new file? Also, what is your Windows version, and which version of Internet Explorer is installed? Lastly, which version of the plugin are you using (see Plugins > Maxwell > About Maxwell)?
Hi, if I "save as" on the file it still gives the same error. This is the first model this has happened with but I cant seem to shake it even importing into a "new" blank file. Several of my other current models do not give this error so it is definately a problem with this particular file.
I have "windows 7 home premium" - I have 3 browsers installed, Chrome, Firefox and the newest version of I.E.9.
I have version 2.7.0 of the plugin - in my options I have it to auto detect updates and it has never notified me of a newer version?
Thanks for looking at the file, this has got me stumped!
By JDHill
Please check with plugin version 2.7.10. The plugin will not have notified, because I did not update the file it checks on the server for this build.
By cadmunkey
Aha, this is weird. Upgraded to .10 and it still produced the error. So opened the file I sent to you (the stripped down version) and it works fine!
So it is something in the FULL model that is causing the problem. It is too big for me to email to you though. I can get dropbox but how do I get you to see my file?
By JDHill
Heh, I have only used it to get files, not send them. Hang on...apparently you can do this:
  • - put the file in a folder in your Dropbox folder (on your machine)
    - right-click the file > Dropbox > Share Link
This (here, anyway) opens your browser to a page with a "Share this file" dialog, which allows you to "Add names or emails", and which has a Send button. My email is given a few posts above this one -- I guess this is how you send me a link to your file.
By JDHill
Thanks, I got it, and it pinpointed the problem instantly. The problem has to do with the name of your material "Domes\Frames"; the back-slash is not being escaped properly for the Maxwell Grass window (it is, for the Scene Manager window), and this is causing JavaScript in the browser to choke. So, while that will definitely be fixed in the future, the workaround for now is to avoid using back-slashes in material and group names.
By cadmunkey
Thanks, thats great. Usually the material list gets cleaned up but this job was such a rush the materials list was a real mess.
Anyway, glad you sorted it out for me, I really appreciate your efforts.
Thanks.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]