I'm not sure I understand. You rendered a MXI with scattering, and loading that MXI into AE the effect doesnt appear?

If you open the MXI from maxwell.exe you can see the scattering effect?
MXI preview image doesn't have simulens/scattering-diffraction effect, so I'm not sure where this preview image comes from! Anyway, when you have alpha, diffraction effect is masked by the alpha channel, so you will never have that effect over a black-alpha background. You should have that on maxwell render viewer (unless you are editing scattering using fast multilight).

Can you send me a MXI with that scattering effect over black background in the preview?
Brany wrote:MXI preview image doesn't have simulens/scattering-diffraction effect, so I'm not sure where this preview image comes from! Anyway, when you have alpha, diffraction effect is masked by the alpha channel, so you will never have that effect over a black-alpha background. You should have that on maxwell render viewer (unless you are editing scattering using fast multilight).

Can you send me a MXI with that scattering effect over black background in the preview?
This is my file http://we.tl/WsZxdsQefG.

But the question is only how do i get the scatter (glow effect) over to After Effects? I try using the Styilize Glow on the light layers but it dosen't come near the result as I get in Maxwell.exe
Brany wrote:I can't help you with that, maybe in the AE forums they can help you ;) We have no plans for create a simulens plug-in for AE, we already have one for Nuke.
Ok, good to know that it's available in Nuke! Maybe this is just me who is a little behind, but how can I embedd the scatter effect (no for editing afterwards) so that the final output image has the scatter effect and also got a fully transparent BG? Right now I only get a separate alpha channel that dosen't include the scatter?

Thanks for the help Brany and sorry for being a confusing costumer ;)
Sorry for the delay. I've detected some issues with MXIs with simulens effects (scatter, diffraction...). Scatter effect should be showed in AE when you open the MXI. If the render includes alpha channel, the scatter effect will be cut by alpha because we can't add scatter info to the alpha channel so you can compose your render+scatter effect over a background. I think scatter effect is only useful when you work with a beauty render, not an alpha masked scene.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]