This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.

That's on PS CS4 for Mac. Any idea?

Also, couldn't the import plug-in automatically set the layer modes to Linear Dodge?
I can't help solve your issue but I can at least confirm that it's not universal. I installed it on Windows XP 32 bit and it's working fine.

I agree regarding having the light layers come in w/ Linear Dodge (Add) blend mode. Seems odd that they don't automatically come in that way.

Otherwise, awesome plugin! I especially love the Color option which more than just convenience opens up new possibilities for those of us who didn't want to use the extra horsepower with intensity+color checked.

-Brodie
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

It's strange, I use CS4 for Mac and the action works well. Are you sure that you have a layer selected when you run the action?
micheloupatrick wrote:Also, couldn't the import plug-in automatically set the layer modes to Linear Dodge?
No :( the PS SDK has a bug and it ignores the blending mode you apply. I hope that in CS5 some bugs will be fixed, including this.
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

same here, but xp 64. If I change the psd to 16 bits the action run, but, then the layer mode don´t work fine, better with sreen mode. Why?
saludos
luis

PS
sorry for my very bad english :oops:

Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.

You can use the exposure tool in 32 bits without an adjustment layer (image->adjustments->exposure).
devista wrote:

same here, but xp 64. If I change the psd to 16 bits the action run, but, then the layer mode don´t work fine, better with sreen mode. Why?

"Linear dodge (add)" works properly with the 32 bits because the color is in high dynamic range. In 16 and 8 bits "screen" mode is better, you're right. To obtain full quality is reccomended to work in 32 bit, using image->adjustments->exposure tool.
Brany wrote:Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.
I confirm (I don't have CS4 extended). As soon as I switch to 16 bits, the action is working (but in 16 bits mode layer blending isn't accurate anymore : screen is better but still far from the expected result).
micheloupatrick wrote:
Brany wrote:Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.
I confirm (I don't have CS4 extended). As soon as I switch to 16 bits, the action is working (but in 16 bits mode layer blending isn't accurate anymore : screen is better but still far from the expected result).
ya, from what I learned there's not really anything to do about that unfortunately. It seems that screen is sort of a hack to try and do what Linear Dodge should do but doesn't in 16 bits. I don't understand it well enough to explain it but it sounds like w/o extended there's not much else to do unfortunately. If it's possible to do this sort of thing in PS though, I wonder if the same could be done for Gimp (it's been a long time since I've used Gimp though so I don't even know what it offers for 32 bit images).

-Brodie
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]