Reposted here from the Network forum:

Found this huge showstopper bug:

When the network manager crashes and is restarted, all the connected rendernodes crash and the so far rendered MXI files on the rendernodes are deleted. Why?

Are the MXI Files are somewhere else to be found? They are not on the manager node (rendering was not finish), they are not in the trash, they are not in the TMP folder.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a network render
2. Wait until the nodes write an MXI to the TMP folder
3. Kill the render manager -> the mxi files are still there and the nodes are still rendering
4. Restart the render manager
5. Now the rendernodes crash and the MXI files are gone

TechSpecs:
- Windows 7 64 Bit
- Gigabit Network
- One dedicated render manager (8 Cores, 40 GB RAM)
- Latest Maxwell Version

Florian
Hello limbus,

A crash in the Manager can be caused by many different causes, and obviously it produces an irresponsible situation that is normal it makes the Nodes crash as well.

But removing the temporary files in case of crash is something that could be avoided, if you want:

On the Manager console panel, go to File>Preferences, and at the bottom of the Preferences panel, enable the "Don't purge temp folder after crash" option.
This option has been put there to avoid missing work in case of crash. I guess it is what you need.

Set this same option in the Monitor and in all the Rendernodes.

Restart all the network applications to preserve the changes.

I hope this were useful.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
dariolanza wrote: But removing the temporary files in case of crash is something that could be avoided, if you want:

On the Manager console panel, go to File>Preferences, and at the bottom of the Preferences panel, enable the "Don't purge temp folder after crash" option.
Unfortunately this option does not seem to work. It is set by default. It is and was set on all nodes and the files are still being deleted.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]