By polynurb
hello,

this issue has been troubling me since the v2 release.

i use 3 identical nodes (win xp64 / q6600 / 8gb)
and i run the manager/monitor on my workstation (also xp64 / 8gb)

when a job is complete, and i let the nodes sit around for a while, most times network render won't start up again properly.
the monitor reports "rendering" but nothing is happening on the nodes. (sometimes one renders but the others don't)

also i can't stop such a "stuck" job, and resetting the nodes won't help either.
i have to manually kill the manager and all node .exe, and restart the software.

when they are fresh, i can submit jobs and they will render fine.. only after some idle time or waking the nodes up after sending them into standby (which worked perfect in 1.7) i get into this deadlock.

thanks,

daniel
By polynurb
to provide you with more information:

this also happens in between jobs cued in the monitor.

again, only one node started to render.

the scene i rendered here was pretty heavy, but it also happens with smaller .mxs files.

what the monitor/manager look like, after stalling:

the nodes that stall look like this:

the node that renders ok looks like this:

By polynurb
thanks for you reply Mihai,

i did upgrade to 2.0.3 by now, and have been running in debug mode for a while now...

by now i am pretty sure there is a conflict with the windows integrated firewall, which however was not the case in 1.7, and as i remember it used to work ok with pre 2.0.2 release too.
But it might well be related to a windows (update) issue.

strangely, and that is why i did not check the FW straight away, i never had problems getting the nodes to link up with the manager.. they appear instantly upon startup. .. but they do get stuck upon transmission of the next pending job, with the message "not all dependencies recieved, render can't start yet!!"
and then they wait forever to get the .mxs file (i am not sending textures)..but never do.

i don't have fail-logs atm. cause i switched off fw.. but once i am done with my current job, i'll send you some.. i'd be great to get the windows FW working with maxwell, i don't think it is a permanent solution to leave workstations unprotected;

regards,

Daniel
By zdeno
polynurb wrote: i don't think it is a permanent solution to leave workstations unprotected;
I cut my internet cable in place of work, so I can turn off all firewalls :D
second bonus is I do 200% more work till this happened .

so mayby this is good solution ;) ?
I can say that I'm having the same issue (see thread at http://maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopi ... 72&t=33853 ), along with at least one other person ( http://maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopi ... 19#p323019 ).

I haven't tried disabling firewalls, but I suspect that's not going to be an option on the server machine that I use as the rendernode.

Any updates from NL on this issue?

-Brodie
By polynurb
:evil: ok.. shame on me i haven't opened a support ticket yet... don't have much time for describing errors coming out of the blue..

but it is really not dependent on any specific scene file.. happens with small files, big files etc.... and quite a few people seem to have it..

and by now.. even running with NO firewall at all does not help anymore... (used to help for a while)

i can send one job.. that is it. then nothing will respond and i have to restart all software manually.

once a node was buisy. it will reject any further job, and reset (via monitor) won't help.

all nodes hang with the debug console saying:
Add dependency: edit_lights.mxs

Dependency added.

Not all the dependencies received, render can't start yet!!

Number of dependencies:1

################# DEPENDENCIES ##################

DEPENDENCY 0: Received: NO

edit_lights.mxs

#################################################
By arthurmani
I get the same problem,
My renders on the Network Monitor just freeze and even though it says "running" nothing is happening and i have to restart everything...
It is really annoying because i can't leave the Monitor over night or week-ends...
Also, it seems to freeze when the render exports the texture (could that be related?).
I am running different windows on the two machines could that be the problem?
cheers,
Arthur

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]