Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help with this, I know it's similar to an earlier thread here but not exactly the same problem. Fire is extremely slow in 901, it takes a lot longer than it used to previously and then it just sits on a black frame for at least 20 seconds with a very simple object in the scene. Anything more complex than a 1000 polys subd'd and it sits for an age.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart

System specs: i7-5960x cpu @3.0ghz overclocked to 4.5Ghz 32Ghz ram GTX 960, windows 10
By photomg1
Hi Stuart ,

The obvious one would be to open modo with a fresh cfg file and see if that helps.

Export and voxelization is very slow in maxwell/fire compared to modo , even when setting up modo in the same manner ( preview set to use subdivs render level ) or doing an f9 render . This only gets worse almost exponentially as mesh density rises in modo.I've seen meshes take a few seconds in modo take minutes to display in maxwell.

Very easy to test just create a new mesh with a unit primitive teapot. Gradually raising render subdiv levels and export.

If you can post a scene , I'll test it to see if I'm getting the same issues.

Best

Matt
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response, I've had this issue on my workstation and I've just done a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop so I thought I'd see if had the same problem which it seems to. This obviously pointed to issues within the scene, it's an older scene that was probably created back in in 501 so I think there's probably some legacy nastiness floating around in there.
I imported the old scene into a new one which gets rid of a lot of problems and also took you suggestion of cranking down the subd level. The subd level brought it down to 60 seconds which really helped as this particular model wouldn't open spawn at all and the import brought it down to 20 seconds, definitely some nastiness on there! This means it should be pretty dam fast on my work station but I'm away and can't check at the mo but the laptop is pretty old so I think we have a winner!

Many thanks for getting back to me.

All the best

Stuart
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]