By photomg1
Hi Marton ,
just trying the 901 plugin out and so far so good !

Could you clarify what you mean in terms of procedural geometry/instanced procedural geometry ?

Are we just talking about fur ?
By Marton Day8
Not fur.

For example the gear item. In case you not duplicate it but make an instance. In the previous version it was not exported. Now it is exported (but not as instance).

Márton
By photomg1
ahh cool thanks Marton,

I do have a feature request , changing a modo color ( gamma1 ) to a maxwell colour (gamma 2.2) .Is this not something that could be done in the plugin automatically without me resorting to dragging materials into the schematic and hooking a "color gamma" node up between the two.

Matt
By photomg1
Hi Marton,

At the moment I'm forced into selecting a base type so I can drag the color channel off that into the schematic to be driven by the original modo material diffuse color via a color gamma node(setting the gamma conversion) . To get modo preview , opengl and fire to match on a material without image maps.

So yes it would be nice for the gamma be altered to match automatically during conversion of a standard modo material to a maxwell compliant one (fire or render)even if no base type is selected .

My justification for all of this , is that quite often it can be a lot easier to set up a scene with modo preview than fire. So picking colours in modo only for them to appear different in maxwell when going to fire/render/studio is counter intuitive

Matt
By Gloss
nice!

Will Udims and all Fur Features like Clump be released with this new PlugIn Version when it comes out?
Thanks for your hard work!
By photomg1
just noticed the texture baking parameter (size,format) , awesome stuff Marton !
By Marton Day8
Currently it can not export fur clump because of the modo API limitation.

But I will check the possibility of UDIM export.

Márton
By photomg1
Marton Day8 wrote:Currently it can not export fur clump because of the modo API limitation.

But I will check the possibility of UDIM export.

Márton

Must admit I'm lost on what maxwell does with udim support (procedural tiled texture) .

In that we can already export an object from modo using the extra uv space(udim's) and it shows up in maxwell with materials correctly applied. So what are we missing ? or what am I missing out in understanding of this procedure .
By Gloss
The plugin works awesome!! Fur, Custom Alphas, even Mesh Fusion and Procedurals get exported! Its like a dream!

Inside the Maxwell procedurals even the "tiledTexture/Udims" works. But if I want to use UDIM´s from inside a native Maxwell Material via edit material, it doesn´t export. Last thing I have to niggle is how cool it would be to have the real "Modo Workflow" with native materials and an integrated Material Editor.

But so far amazing work!!

best
christian
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]