By CodyKallas
Can anyone else confirm this with gwronkowski? I will not be upgrading until this is fixed... Although it looks like 801 has some serious render updates from what I am reading..
By gwronkowski
Thank you Márton for quick response and plugin update :)
Now I can see Maxwell Plugin in Modo 801 but I can't see in Fire when I change for instance Environment intensity - it's not working live anymore.
I need to reload geometry to see changes.

Sorry - it works but not with old projects created with Modo 601 + Maxwell. But it's not problem to set up new scene and import old scene as a reference.
By talos72
I tried installing latest pluging for Modo, but I don't see Modo 801 in drop down menu of the installer....I only see Modo 501, 601 and 701 as available options. I have Modo 701 and 801 on my machine, but would like to install plugin for 801.

Update: I found the beta page and ran the latest beta for Modo plugin. I was able to get Fire to run and update in Modo...good sign. Thanks
By Mountain Jack
talos72 wrote: Update: I found the beta page and ran the latest beta for Modo plugin. I was able to get Fire to run and update in Modo...good sign. Thanks
I don't have your search skills. Where would one find the Modo 801 Plugin Beta? Is there a page with current builds?
By Mountain Jack
Mountain Jack wrote:
talos72 wrote: I don't have your search skills. Where would one find the Modo 801 Plugin Beta? Is there a page with current builds?
Found it at http://www.maxwellrender.com/betas/

Could have sworn I already tried that and got a redirect. Maybe I needed to be logged in and have a cookie set. Now I'm happy.
By talos72
Yeah finding the beta page is a bit tricky. I had to Google it since no obvious link is posted on Maxwell ' s site. And as Marton said you need forum access. :)
Last edited by talos72 on Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By astanelle
any news about the hair / fur front?
is the 801 SDK implementation better ? can we hope to see it this time ?

btw gratz for the quick release !
By Marton Day8
To be fair with the modo SDK it is really complex since version 701. But just as every other SDKs have weak areas, there are some missing parts in the modo SDK too.

I think it was not improved on the hair/fur area, but I have to check again. Unfortunately it is not always clear what is possible and what is not...

Márton
By talos72
I was watching the 801 live presentation during the release night. Basically the Foundary person answering live questions from viewers said the caching has supposedly improved in 801 which may allow furs to just be rendered as geometry in Maxwell. This may still not help in the animation since we are still talking about lots of frames, but for just rendering stills I guess it may work fine... only workaround is to export fur as geo from 801.
By rsimon
Hope it's ok to just continue this thread with its very general topic for an issue I'm encountering with Modo801 on MacPro3,1 - 10.8.5 - Maxwell Plugin 3.02:

MODO pretty often crashes directly on launch with Application Specific Information in the Crash Log saying:
Code: Select all
"*** error for object 0xd00007fa543aba53: pointer being freed was not allocated"
or
"*** error for object 0x7feebdb72208: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed."
Luxology Quality Assurance is having a look at it, but state it might be related to Maxwell Plugin.
So, I'd like to ask Márton: Could you please have a look at it too, if you think it really might be related to the Maxwell Plugin?
Thank you in advance!

(Crash Log excerpts can be found in my Luxology Forum thread here).
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]