I am having trouble understanding the material conversion from modo materials to maxwell. What i mean is, I want to make a frosted glass but used like a stencil in modo. And I have no idea how to do it in maxwell. So far I use the plugin to add my materials as mxm materials in modo then only use them. But I thought I read, I can use the modo material I have setup and it will convert it for me? Am I reading this wrong? Do I have to learn how to do this in maxwell? I am assuming maxwell has some type of stencil or mask I could use but I just don't know how.

Thanks

Cody
No worries Cody !

Glad I can help , I've certainly had more than my fare share of help from others.So like to help when I can.

Strictly speaking you can add a few other layers in modo… bump normal displacement as well as diffuse but I've found the plug in
very very hit and miss when I have more than one of those options on a material.

I don't really use the conversion any more other than to assign a material to an object full stop then nest a mxm in there in modo.
You can the bring the material editor up through the plug in and go from there before you even hit studio.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]